BabB|e|iCiOUs

A message to myself..that's exactly what this is.. My own little niche in life..

Sunday, September 23, 2001

As you can see there have been a few small adjustments made to this journal.. I'm planning to add more of my friends on there..

So here's a little summary of what's been happening.. I can't really extrapolate on everything as much as I used to.. simply because I am being suffocated with homeworks, midterms and assignments.

Basically last night we had our annual persisma meeting to elect the new committe member.. I am so glad that I am finally relieved from my secretarial position, not because I'm not enjoying it but simply just because I don't think I can spare my precious time on meetings and planning events for people who would usually just take it all for granted, and not to mention also those who choose not so participate at all... With the inevitable work load of a junior (3rd year student), I think I have myself pretty much occupied.. not to mention my 20 hour per week job at the gym... voting for the guys was kinda interesting bedause there's alot to choose from but when it comes to voting for the girls.. there were only two options to choose from... no body was electing anybody else.. at the nd of it all..it seems that the votes were the votes of popularity rather than votes of leadership... but what the heck, let's just hope for the best..

After the meeting was over Azizi came over to my house to pick up one of his desk wooden drawer doors whichwas somehow disconnected from the desk when they moved to their new place. I was kinda hungry so we ate rice with the complimentary fried chicken and stir fried vegetable that I cooked before going to the meeting.. Later Tom came and join us watch SPY KIDS .. his roommate, Atul, broke his VCR.. so Tom came over whenever he wants to see a video.. he also rented MERLIN and brought it with him. maybe we can watch it tommorrow.. About half an hour after Tom arrived, Darren called me. He went to a party at Essex Street and he knows that my house is nearby so he called to ask directions to come over. He came about 10 minutes later but he could only stay for 15 minutes because his friends are waiting for him to go and eat somewhere else.. so I went out for a walk with him and he starts to tell me about the things that he did the last time he went back to Malaysia [last month].. Apparently he met Shahida [Rifqah's best friend-Rifqah is one of my friends from boarding school who was also my classmate at PPP when we were doing our preparation to come to America. However, her parents wasn't too confident about sending her oversea at this age that they choose to send her to a local university instead] Anyway, it was nice to see Darren again, he told me that he broke off with his one-month-relationship gf. DArren used to hang out with me alot at the end of last Spring semester then when he had a gf he just difted away.. Darren used to call me, Wei and Fathi occasionally during this one time period, we didnt hear anything from him and I finally found out from Wei that he's occupied with something else [wink! wink!] When I came back to my apartment I introduced darren to my roommate, and Tom. He met Azizi already. Tom later told me that he knew Darren because his ex are close friends with Ming,Darren's bestfriend and Diana, Ming's better half. I already met MIng and Diana before when darren and I went to the Sesquicentennial Orchestra performance last Spring. So I guess I knew both of them too...

Anyway, at work, Phillip, my supervisor hired two more new cashiers today.. both are freshman.. Chad and Rachel. Apparently Michaela has quit her job due to a better-paid job at the library.. but she's stuck in the 5th level basement shelving century old mouldy books. She told us that it's really cold down there and that there's no window and so you're stuck in this chamber of foul smelling books.. making you feel dizzy.. She says that she couldn't stay down there for long..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home