BabB|e|iCiOUs

A message to myself..that's exactly what this is.. My own little niche in life..

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Blackout

Although it's Thursday already, it's actually the first day of work for me this week.. See I've been granted a three day compassion leave for the death of my dearest grandma last Saturday.
She died of old age. There wasn't any sickness associated but it was still a sad occasion. I was at a training at my work place in Shah Alam when I heard about it from Husna. I rushed home as soon as I found out. Abah was in a conference and mama was shopping, both in KL, at the time. We all gathered at home as soon as possible and begin packing to leave. we had to pick Nora up at the KLSentral to avoid wasting any more time. She was in her rented apartment in PutraJaya when she heard about the sad news.
So we took my car and abang's car and spent the whole evening driving to get to Mersing, Johor. Unfortunately, we couldn't make it in time. they buried her right after asar and we arrived just before Maghrib. That night and the nights following tok's death, we held various "doa selamat kenduri"s, both in the kampung and back home in PJ.

5 days later, I'm back at work.. then a blackout happens.. we wasted a quarter of the day from 12.30 til 2.45 just waiting for the electricity to flow back into the sockets. This time was just wasted chatting in the doorway between the canteen and the office. After a while it started to get warm and we begin going into the dark office, trying to absorb the remaining coolness of the air conditioner before the blackout. We found out that many of the main cities in the south of malaysia suffered from the blackout too. Thought the whole peninsular of MALAYSIA was stranded in darkness.. but that thought was immediately erased when we heard of news that there's electricity in the north. People are walking around with handphones in action calling their loved ones to check if their areas were also affected. Someone said that if the electric was stiff down at 3pm, we could return home.. but then it pops back up 15 minutes before time and back to work we go...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home