BabB|e|iCiOUs

A message to myself..that's exactly what this is.. My own little niche in life..

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Only God knows..



** Ku berserah kepadamu Maha Esa
Mungkin takdir telah menentukan segalanya
Ku berserah kepada apa yang telah berlaku pada diriku ini
Hanya dikau dapat merubah segalanya..... ****




Isn't it strange, when you thought you've had everything planned out, then suddenly you find yourself drifting away from that original plan..

I used of be scared of changes
Scared of the possibility of being caught in a weird situation
Scared of getting myself hurt
Scared of being lost

Even scared of driving..
when I bought my first car, the sales lady called me up to tell me that the car was ready to be on the road, she told me to pick it up at the dealer. But at the time I still couldn't face the fact that I actually have to be the one behind the driver's seat. The main reason I bought the car in the first place is because I'd have to drag my butt to work every morning by myself.. I was still scared at the thought of driving. I told her to send the car down to my place instead. Imagine me, buying a car that I wasn't even confident of driving.
I got my license right after SPM, but at the time my parents didn't look at me as a potential driver cause one of my aunts kept telling my mother that as soon as her daughter had her license she kept taking the car and never stayed home. So they didn't look at the driving license as an added skill with benefits. Within the next few years, I rarely drove at all. The visions of car accidents kept haunting me..
But then when I started working in Shah Alam, I couldn't stay in the passenger's seat any longer. So I braved myself on the federal highway. That first week, I'd leave the house early enough to avoid the traffic. I even drove on the slow lane and parked my car away from the others. After a while I began to enjoy driving, I actually find it relaxing. I loved my car, I even volunteer to drive people around. I'm so glad I've dumped that fear of driving.

After a while I find that a lot of the other things in life are that way.. You'd get scared of the change initially, but if your intentions are right and you work hard to make it right, you'll find that there's really nothing to be scared off. Change is good, sometimes. Hopefully most of the time.

Right now, I'm at the tip diving board. I just handed in my resignation letter this morning. I'm one month away from my new job in Miri.. it'll be a new year, a new place and a new job for me. Kinda reminds me of where I was during the new millenium too.. back then it was a new year, a new place and a new study experience. I feel just as excited as I felt then. Change is good. God has been good to me, and I'm grateful.. Alhamdullilah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home