BabB|e|iCiOUs

A message to myself..that's exactly what this is.. My own little niche in life..

Saturday, February 23, 2002

Finally Friday

This's definitely one of the busiest week that I have ever experienced.. I'm just glad that it's finally Friday and I can get a couple of days rest. I actualy thought that there would be no homework, then all of a sudden Larry (maybe I should call him Prof. Schmidt) came in and handed us one.. and the worst thing about it is that he expects to collect it in on Wednesday. Aaarggghh... only four days to work on it!! As usual he said that it's an easy one.. he always says that.. even in our first homework he said that it should only take up 10 minutes for each question.. but guess what, we all spent the whole week working on it. He means well though, I think at the end of the course he's trying to tell us all that "it's all in your head!".. when you think it's hard, it is. However this term doesn't always work when you think it's easy. But I guess if you think it's not hard, you get more pleasure in doing it and it does somehow help a bit. I'm gonna try and finish it all tonight.. so that I could spend Sunday getting ready for the 3 experiments that I'll be doing in both organic and process analytical lab. It's alot of work takling 2 lab courses at the same time but everything kinda pays off when you realise that you don't have to take finals for these classes..

I'm actually at work right now, doing a favor for Chad who is going back to visit him family. He wanted to replace me on my Monday night shift.. that was the originally plan cause I wanted to take a break after our first Process Analytical Lab next Monday.. but Chad realised that he has a night class on Monday. So he'll be doing my Sunday shift 2 weeks from now. Our new supervisor , Sarah, had put up a new spring break schedule out today and I had the opportunity of being the first person to choose which shift I want. I know that I want to work but I also want to be out and about.. so I just signed up and told Sarah that I might change my mind later. She's kinda cool about it.. We're gonna be having a severe cleanup in this little office soon.. we'll be getting the carpet steamed, walls painted, color coordinated chairs, new cabinets and stuff soon.. she's already changing alot of the policies in this office.. she's really laid back.. which makes working here so much more fun.. no more blue warning/reminder notes.. no more early morning calls asking about why Mister XX still hadn't brought in his copy of his marriage certificate for his wife's membership or why I sold Miss XY the student membership when there's no valid registration .. 'hello, call up registra and check their eligibility!'.. there was one point when I actually fely like quitting thi sjob cause I get so sick and tired of Phillip calling me up at seven to ask silly little questions like that, it kinda sucks when he calls me on late Thursday nights to ask me to open up at 5.45am the next day so that he could take a long weekend to fishing or something.. 'Well, after studying late at night, I do need to get some sleep. Outside of work time I do have to go to class too mister..' and with all the dust in this office when he was around, I'm sure he was planning to choke one of us to death.. this have changed so much no though .. so this is what it's like to have a woman in control!
Hang on.. what am I doing? why am I complaining? Things are getting better right.. hehhe.. I guess things could only get better..

I'm actually so glad that I'm done with all my midterms.. we got back our Process Analytical paper on Wednesday.. Fajarrani scored the highest score in class and everyone one else in our little group got pretty much about the same points.. Just before our Heat ad Mass Transfer exam today Kamar was trying to wish me happy Eid.. I was on the other side of the room that I couldn't even make out what he was trying to say.. Good thing Vikesh and Fajarrani knew what was going on.. they passed on the message to me.. There will be an Eid celebration tomorrow somewhere in a Community Center in St. Paul..I think I'll have to call my family up tonight.. I'll be going to the celebration with Sasha and Yasmin after our usually Saturday visit to the gym.. At around 11 something Sasha and I will be going to Centennial to pick Yasmin up.. then we'll be going together.. after that I think I want to go to the MoA to buy new shoes.. I think I know what I want, I just hope they have it there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home