BabB|e|iCiOUs

A message to myself..that's exactly what this is.. My own little niche in life..

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

BACK TO WORK

After taking a week off to help out with my brother's weddingit feels like s*** to have to come back to work again. Especially when you know that coming to work means sitting around doing nothing until 5pm. Sad to say but that's what I've been doing since I rendered my resignation last Monday.

It's weird but it feels that the fact that I have nothing to do feels like a torturous punishment for leaving this company. Everyone else seems busy behind their respective office doors and it makes you kinda guilty to disturb them. So what do I do in this non-work environment? After checking my mails (emails), I'd be surfing for a while then I'd turn on the TV3 live streaming on my PC and wait 'til it's time to leave.

I'm so bored that I volunteered to write a book with few lecturers.. but I won't talk about that for now 'cause the last time I collaborated to write afew chapters in a high school Science textbook it fell through 'cause some people didn't committ to finish on time.. :(

Everyone woke up early this morning, Aisyah had an Add. Maths SPM exam at 8, Abah, Nora & I had to get to work, Abang and his new wife are heading to the airport for their 3D-2Npre-honeymoon holiday to Phuket and mum's up to send us all off. It's nice having a sister in-law.

If you're already engaged (like me), you can't help thinking about your own wedding while you're helping out at your own brother's wedding. After attending the wedding I feel that I know what I want out of my own wedding (makes you glad that you're not the first one). However, we really need to set a date for the big day so that I can start make arrangements. People say time goes by quickly when you're planning the wedding. Most importantly I need to make sure that I have ample time to book the hotel and stuff, especially since I'll be working in Miri next year and I may only come back to PJ once a month. I don't want to sound like a 'desperate fiancee' but it would be nice to have someone take care of me when I'm so far away from home right? Oh well.. looks like I'm on my own in this one!

As soon as I arrived at work, I checked my email and realised that I had a department meeting. It was quite interesting cause this time we had guests in the meeting. They were our department's academic advisors from IEM & Golden Hope Plantations. That reminds me.. I haven't registered with the IEM yet. I also found out that there's actually another thing called IChEM that I could registered in to become a Chartered engineer. I should look into it! It would be nice to have an 'Ir.' as a title next to the word 'Mrs.' 5 years from now or so.. That's something to work for..

After the meeting, I went to the faculty's Aidilfitri celebration. It was really fun to mingle with others from different departments, and the food was great! I actually thought of bringing my camera along yesterday but I forgot to charge the batteries last night. Everyone looked pretty in their baju raya, especially the guys who wore the full baju melayu (with songket sampin and songkok).. they had a booth competition between the departments. As predicted, the SENIBINA department won first place.

I'm looking forward to watch Harry Potter's latest movie (we've bought the GOLD CLASS tickets, curtosy of the newly weds for this Friday night). In the mean while, I'm reading the latest Harry Potter & The Half Blooded Prince book. I didn't get a chance to read it before, so I'm reading it now ( at work.. hehe)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog about Motivation to complete my work on the subject. Thanks for your thoughts!

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://gumftbze.com/bjaw/zxwr.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://rpqrofxl.com/rebn/ecmv.html]Cool site[/url]

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
My homepage | Please visit

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://gumftbze.com/bjaw/zxwr.html | http://qmhhtrhk.com/ictt/qjml.html

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home