BabB|e|iCiOUs

A message to myself..that's exactly what this is.. My own little niche in life..

Tuesday, August 07, 2001

It's been a while..
I know..and alot of things have happened since then..I've got a feeling that thi sis going to be a long one folks..

Right now I'm in one of the computer labs..playing LITERATI on yahoo..which is similar to SCRABBLES..I just won a game..but this thing is starting to be addictive so I thought I'd give it another shots..

The weather outside is simply unbearable, with the temperature rising up to 98 F. I just came back from work, which ended at 10.30 this morning. I helped out at the front desk for a while cause the person who was suppose to be working there had a cold. Later I went to the Chemistry building to check if the exam results were out yet..but it wasn't..so I headed straight to Williamson Hall to return a book which I bought last week for next semester.. the book was $64 brand new and $48 second hand..fortunately I found someone who would sell it to me for just $30..logically thinking..I did what every trifty student would do. A saving of $18..emm..that could pay for the next movie or a new shirt.

So..as you might've guessed..the finals are over are the summer holiday rolls in..
At first I thought that I'd stay home and finish off my scrapbook or something..but then on our way to the mall on Sunday, Amilin told me that Faizan, Aneesa, Chain and him might be going to Mt. Rushmore and asks if I'd like to join them so that Aneesa would have a female companion..it seems like a good idea at the time and I was starting to consider the possibility of going on a trip with them but I still have to think about my cousin's offer of going camping with them too. After all, he did ask me first months ago..I have yet to call my cousin to tell him that I might not be able to join him and his family.. then yesterday he called me..I was at work so he left a message on my answering machine.. I contacted him right after I came home.. it turns out that we wanted me to join him so much that he wouldn't reserve the camping lodge until I confirm with him abolut the date of my arrival in Toledo. Maria picked the phone up.. Rezal, my cousin, has been waiting for my call for days.. he even researched about the flight tickets..apparently Toledo airport has reduced its flight prices and I could get there for about $200.. which is cheap because the last time I checked my FareWatcher..the price was up at ~$450. So he asked me if I could make it before the 24th, because Maria has to start teaching again by then. So that only leaves us with the weekend of 18-19.., which happens to be one of the weekends that I have to work on..so I told him that I'd call him back in 30 minutes while I check if someone could fill in my shift. I knew that Aza needs some extra cash, so my instint shouted her name in my brain. I called her and she was glad to help.. what a relief..! So then I went online and checked the flight prices.. Rezal was right I could get a flight to Toledo for $200, unfortunately, I have to buy the tickets 2 weeks prior to the departure.. So I checked to see what the prices would be if I didn't buy the ticket 2 weeks before the flight..and it was more than double of the original price.. I was flabbergasted! This is a rip-off... So I called him back with the bad news..
He asked me to check some other websites..so I did... desperate moments calls for desperate measures.. so I tried www.priceline.com, I was scared of using this thing before because I'm scared that I might be paying more than expected..but I gambled anyway.. I put it down for $220..miraclously, 5 minutes later I found that American Airlines(AA) has accepted my deal and I have automatically bought the ticket.. I let out a sigh of relief.. for I know that I will be calling my cousin with good news now.. It makes me happy to see people happy.. especially those who care for me.. So I called him and they were so happy that I could make it.. I can't belive I made the decision of going on the splurt of the moment.. I looked back at the itenary.. I have saved 54% from the original price..wow, that's amazing..and to think it would've cost me almost $500..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home