BabB|e|iCiOUs

A message to myself..that's exactly what this is.. My own little niche in life..

Monday, October 15, 2001

'Winnie the Pooh' turned 75 during the weekend...

Even thought Monday is here once again to start off yet another hectic week [P.chem quiz on wenesday], I think I had a great weekend well spent..

On Saturday, I started off the weekend with my regular shift at the gym. [Thank God Che Wan called me up at 8am, to ask to borrow my Thermo homework, or I would've just come late to work].. Then after work I got home took a shower, payed, ate and went out to the Mall with Nad, Dia, Zam, Didi, Wafi and Baz.. I saw Che Wan, Farah, Amani and Izrin in the bus. I was only planning on buying some new body splash from 'Bath and Bodyworks' but I ended up having a shopping spree - I bought a new Esprit handbag from Nordstrum, a new wool sweater from French Connection and a pair of new thick Columbia gloves from Champs. Well I know where my next paycheck is going.. We got home sometime around 9.30pm. I met Darren and he introduced me to his friend Tony [who wore a Cornell sweatshirt, reminded me of Adrin all of a sudden].. then I went home and spent the rest of the night watching Stepmom on TNT.

On Sunday, I woke up late for a change.. I thought of baking a cake so that I can bring to the Malaysian gathering that we're having at 11 that day.. but I jjust felt so lazy that I sat in front of the television watching unsolved crimes series.. I wanted to call my parents but somehow time just flew pass me.. Before I knew it the girls over at Essex St was calling me to ask if they could walk there with me.. but I told them that I'm gonna be going by car with Abang Ghazali and Kak Zee instead.. I got ready within 10 minutes and went on my way.. Kak Zee bought in some rice and desert [which everyone just wolfed down].. Almost everyone was dressed in our traditional clothing because we planned to take a photo for the Raya celebration later this year.. Some people didn't wear it thought cause it was getting a little chilly.. overall it was a fun day with smiles, laughter and pictures.

Later my roommate and the married couple went to a global market in St. Paul.. We looked at the lclothes and decorations from around the world.. there was some clothes from Malaysia.. I can't believe they are trying to see our Malaysian clothing for 75 bucks when we could get something of equal value for 75 ringgit malaysia...what a rip off.. We didn't buy anything, though Kak Zee wanted this really nice embroided black dress....

Later we went to Cubs to buy groceries and stuff... I think we bought a year's supply of toilet paper..
We bought alot of bakery stuff that we could bake because we just found out that the oven's power supply is not included in the electric bill..

We baked some brownies last night.. Kak Zee came over to hang out with us for a few hours while her husband went to do some little stuff at the mosque..

Maria called me to make sure I am safe.. we talked for an hour about things .. the Adriana woke up from her little baby nap and we talked for a while. She wants to be a witch for Halloween.. she's so cute!

Lock came sometime later after Kak Zee left with someone else to bring over something that Isham bought.. I didn't see them cause I was too sleepy.. but I heard them talking for a while before I cpontinue to snooze away..

I did absolutely no studying this weekend.. so I woke up at 4 and finished off my MatSci homework.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home