BabB|e|iCiOUs

A message to myself..that's exactly what this is.. My own little niche in life..

Monday, October 08, 2001

Sitting here in this evening sun.. the ray seeping through the cracks of the cream colored blinds... I looked at the reflection before me in the mirror that I placed on top of the telephone.. the wavy curls of hair across my forehead seems to highlight its brown streaks on this fine evening..
I loved my curls.. so full and lushes..I think I inherited it from my mum.. but I had been too young to appreciate them.. as a girl I had always had my hair frequently cut short in order to get rid of them.. and it does work; at the age of twelve I finally accomplished what I had only dreamed of years before that; I grew my hair waist length... I would style it in a variety of ways but my favourite style was the side braid.. I would braid the top of my hair from left to right forming a hair band of hair.. and then I'd curl the rest of my hair with a curling tong.. Going to high school in England was like entering a beauty parade.. sometimes it wasn't really about looking good.. but it was the rush of getting ready and seeing how things work out... Those times seems like a whole life time away.. things have changed so much.. nowadays I don't even have time to look at the mirror in the mornings, especially in the rush of getting to work on time.. usually I'd take a shower, pray, lotioned, get dressed, comb my hair [not that it matters whether I have combed it or not], put my scarf on, dab on some lip balm and rush out the door [with my laces undone usually].. long gone are the days of face powdering and hair curling.. It's a good thing that I'm using Proactive, my complexion is actually improving [smaller pores, less blemishes, less red of those red cheeks]
{Whitney's 'Queen of the Night' blaring in the background}
Anyway, the week has passed rather hecticly.. I survived through two midterms and retrieved the last p.chem quiz.. Things look bright.. I hope things'll improve for the better now.. ever since my last roommate moved in with me, my grades are less than what's desired... things improved enormously when she spends less time with me last summer session and I hope it will improve further more in the future.. I have myself a new set of study partners and my life is more organized now. I know the difference between friends who are trustworthy and those who are destructive.. Not long ago, at the beginning of this blog's active entries.. I tested some of my friends loyalty.. I shared my blog secret with 3 people from different backgrounds.. (i)Someone I would rarely talk to. (ii)Someone from the same gender that I think I could believe. (iii)Someone from the opposite gender that I could believe in. It's amazing that someone I actually believe in would betray me by breaking the secret by telling someone else about the existence of this blog, ironically the person I talked less to actually kept to his word. However, the world is not all at lost for I have found a true friend. [Luckily not both of the friends whom I believed in betrayed me..] Now I know who I could trust with secrets.. this is definitely the friendship that I would cherish all my life, even though this person is actually a guy.. paternal love does exist. I think I could trust this person with my life.. and I know that he's reading this and he knows who he is.[not that I've told you about this before.]
Tonight I'm celebrating this friendship.. I'm cooking roasted lamb, baking a cake and preparing the whole dish. I borrowed Nad's vacumn and Kak Ijah cleaned the house up for me while I buzied myself in the kitchen. I also invited some of my friends who lived nearby; the 4 freshman boys I went shopping with yesterday, Aza and kak Farah, Zam, Nad & Dia,Tom & Atul and of course my dear friend. I even roasted the little Quill birds just in case the lamb is not enough. I talked to my mum this morning and asked her how to roast the lamb leg, she gave me an easy cooking recipe and so I'm testing it out today.. the lamb is roasting as I'm typing all this and the marble cake is sitting in the cooling rack. I already prepared the colselaw and so the only thing left is to bake the potatoes and make the gravy. I still have about 3 hours before the guests will be arriving and so I might take that time to review my homeworks. I still have another exam next week but this weekend has been more or less wasted. I went to the movies last night.. [probably the first movie experience this semester] and I watched TRAINING DAY.. its a great movie with a twisting plot... the boys didn't understand it at first because they were convinced that the trainer was a good guy.. I had to explain the movie plot in the middle of the climax scene to them and then they finally understood..
I met quite a few people as I went shopping yesterday.. I met three Malay girls while I was in Downtown Minneapolis along with another 3 boys who I don't know their name.. then when I was entering Mall of America I saw two of the girls who used to stay with me temporarily last month, Aida and Nora and also Amilin. Everyone's loading their wardrobe with winter clothings; coats, gloves, thermal inner wear, sweaters, socks, snow boots.. I also bought a blue sweater and some new socks..


NEWS FLASH: America is attacking Afghanistan!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home