BabB|e|iCiOUs

A message to myself..that's exactly what this is.. My own little niche in life..

Sunday, February 24, 2002

Completely Incomplete

OK, so things didn't turn out as planned.. I was hoping to finish the 'Reaction & Reactor' homework last night but I didn't even start it. Instead I was on the phone all night.. First I called a friend of mine and apologized for breaking a small little promise which I couldn't keep due to my bad procastinating habits.. then after an hour of patching things up, I called my family to wish them all happy Eid. Abang and Nora are both busy with their pre-exam-preparations..
hehhee.. the funny thing was that when my brother picked up the phone I said.."Hello Abang?" and he relied back to me in this mushy tone..I was all confused [kinda disgusted too.. why is he speaking like this..] there was an awkward silence as I realised that he thought that I'm his girlfriend calling... yucks! The funny thing is I never call anyone 'Abang' other than my real brother.. so other than my other 3 sisters I don't really expect anyone to call my brother 'Abang'..just because they're not my sister, right? Then I remembered that my brother's soon-to-be -fiance girlfriend does call him 'Abang'.. How dare you steal my brother from me! hehhe.. the secret about my brother's girlfriend was only revealed to the family when I came back about a year back.. Abang didn't want to tell us all the name of his girlfriend .. so I started teasing him .. I remembered 'Syarifah Latifa Bunifa Jackson' from MadTv.. and I also remembered this one particular family joke about 'George' Singh and how you can't really judge some one just by their name [don't you feel sorry for 'Ben Ladden'?].. so I was eager to find out what her name was.. [not that it really matters].. so I made up a name Siti Nurul Salamah Chan, a 50's kampung name with a twist of the all typical multiracial background.. I didn't know the lady, let alone see her face.. but I do know that she had dyed her hair with a touch of copper [Abang said that she cleans her hair with 'air karat'.. hehhe], cause we found a copper strand in our car.. so I figured that the only reason that my brother is hiding her identity from us is probably because she's got a weird name or something.. he hated it when I refer to the girl with that name, always throwing playful punches at me on my shoulder when I give him my little smirk of satisfaction when I see him starting to blush in front of the others... one day he just blurted it out .. 'Her name is Lia..!' All of us suddenly gawked in silence.. 'Lia? Are you talking about Nor Azlia?' We used to call his ex "Lia".. but it wasn't that Lia.. this one is called Liana, and she's also known as "Lia"... what a coincidence! Eid came, and the 'new' Lia came over to visit.. we introduced ourselves.. and sure enough this is definitely a new Lia.. I guess we just have to adjust to the shift..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home