BabB|e|iCiOUs

A message to myself..that's exactly what this is.. My own little niche in life..

Monday, February 03, 2003

HEARTS HOLD TRUTH WORDS COULD ONLY HINT AT~ quote from a fortune cookie

It's one o'clock and i still have tonnes to do for today.. What sucks the most is that I just remembered that I have to work for two hours today cause I promised Amanda that I'd work for her cause she's gonna be gone this weekend. Actually the last time I met her on Friday nigt she told me that she cancelled her trip back to Wisconsin cause her mum was worried that there would be ice on the road from the 'forcasted ' snow.. well surprise, surprise! No snow in sight, but Amanda didn't turn up for work yesterday and I'm thinking that she won't turn up again today cause she knows that she had already got someone else to cover up for her...I just called the office and Liz is working rigtnow, so obviously Amanda won't be at work... so I'lll just have to turn up at 2.30pm!!! And I thought that I wouldn't have to get out today, duh!

Went out again last night.. seems to be the thing I've been doing in the past few days.. last night, Emma and Siti have booked me for Saturday night since the break and so yesterday, Emma called again and told me that they wanna treat me at the Odyssey Restaurant at the mall. So after work, I waited for her to call me again cause Siti has her piano class til 3.30, I went to Nad's place cause Wei Lin is still there from our Chinese New Year celebration dinner from the night before [I'll write about this below] and we had some lunch cause Nad cooked.. I brought in some desert [baked Apple Pie] and we ate as we finished off the movie that we started the night before. I went home to get ready and Zack called to tell me that he wants to come to visit cause he's already at UV. Turns out that he was helping the juniors moved into UV. So he came over for a while, just before I left the girls [who just moved in UV] called to say that they wanted to hang out at my place.. so I told them that I'm rushing to leave already cause Emma and Siti was already waiting. So finally, we later went out and met Siti and Emma downtown cause we missed the bus that we were suppose to take. When we got to the MoA [Mall of America, biggest mall in America, 'helping' us to finish off our money] we found out that the Odysey is closed for good.. Feeling really disappointed we decided to go to the Rainforest Cafe.. the girls haven't been to any of the restaurants yet but I have before with Kak Ija just before she left before.. so I know that they had really good seafood meals to eat.. we had to make reservations first though, we had to wait about one and a half hour so we went shopping first... we [WeiLin, Nad and I] had planned not to buy anything for the next month since our last trip to the mall about two weeks ago but we found a new super cool store at the mall and emmm.....you understand, heheh... we bought atleast two new items each.. arghhh.... temptation! At eight we met again and ate in there.It was so much fun, the food was delicious, the drinks were tasty.. and we even had deserts.. the volcano! everyone was hyper... we took so many pictures...

On Chinese New Year night, we went out once again to the Village Wok and ate some seafood once again.. the interesting part is when the Chinese Lions [I think they are dragons] came in at 10.30pm and the girls ran to the Harvard market next door and bought instant cameras to take the picture of the dragons as it danced in the store and the music was blasting .. the store owner gave us angpows [not filled ones but empty ones to give to the dragon when it comes over to us]... I'll put the pictures up when its developed. No wonder the owner of the store was there [you can tell they have suits on.] that's the third time we went out this week cause we had also gone out on the night of my birthday too...

Anyway... I tried to do the PILATE exercise this morning.. [using Timber's videos] I thought it was kind of easy but looks can seriously be deceiving! I saw Timber doing it before, but it's really hard.. it's not like aerobic exercise, but it's more like a sculpturing exercise focusing on the abs and buns [power zone].. it's suppose to be good on your spine too.. very much like yoga, they even tell you when to breathe as you move.. hahaha...

Anyway I'm gonna fold my laundry before I have to go to work.. but before I end this entry I have something to pass on. Please take a momoent of your time to help the People of Iraq <--click here. Make donations if you could and pass it on to others. May your kindness be rewarded with Ar-Rahman's blessings. Amin.

Ever felt like you wanted to help the people of Iraq but don't know how. Well here's one!

Eid-ul Adha, or Hari Raya Haji, as we know it, is a form of mercy from Allah (SWT). It is a day of celebration and remembrance of Allah. Yet somehow not all of us are fortunate to enjoy this day and it is the duty of the more fortunate amongst us to help those in need. In Iraq, people sell their household goods for food, collecting dried bread and other leftovers to eat. Every day is a struggle for survival, and meat is a rare treat. At the time of receiving their Udhiya / Qurbani (Korban), some of the families have not eaten meat for more than a year. Naturally, the demand for the meat is so great, some families could only receive about a kilogram.

It costs only about $50 for each lamb Udhiya, $55 for each ram Udhiya, or $280 for a cow. Please be a part of this project and encourage others to do the same.

"It is neither their meat nor their blood that reaches ALLAH, but it is piety from you that reaches Him."[Q22:37].



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home