BabB|e|iCiOUs

A message to myself..that's exactly what this is.. My own little niche in life..

Wednesday, November 28, 2001

Usually I enjoy working without a supervisor.. but tonight I feel like allI want is to have someone with me so that I can explain some of these weird rules they have here at the gym to these customers.. I hate working on the evening shift cause I always have people bothering me every few minutes.. and then I'd get to ansewr calls from people with a thousand and one questions about the gym.. thank god I've memorised all the eligibility rules and fees for different memberships.. and the I never get to do all the things 've set aside to do at work.. oh well, all in the name of money!

I finally sent that letter to Amy, my mentor, today.. I have been procastinating that for so long.. I should start getting into the habit of replying emails as soon as I read them.. I think it's the only way I would ever get things done.. I MUST STOP PROCASTINATING!!! That has been my new year's number one resolution for the past 5 years.. I think this bad habit of mine is really bad.. I mean the reason that I take long showers, is because I procastinate getting out of the shower.. the reason I set all the clocks in my house 10 minutes earlier is because I procastinate and I know I'd be late for things otherwise [I'm still late occasionally though.. ].. so now.. I am determined to change all that.. [but don't test me on that just yet!]

It started snowing heavily yesterday, it was snowing all day.. it must've been about half a feet over that 24 hours.. I was watching the news today and the weatherman told us that in Windell, the snow was about 28 inches over 24 hours.. that's amazing! ..That's about 2.75 feet of snow.. what a blizzard! Last night my neighbours and I had a power cut for about 2 hours, the whole apartment sat in total darkness, even the heaters were gradually cooling down.. kak Ijah and I were watching Oprah at 4.20 yesterday when suddenly the television went off, then all of the lights went off.. at first we thought that it'll go back on soon.. we looked outside and saw all of the nearby buildings experiencing the same situation.. then after 5 minutes we heard our neighbours asking each other whether they have electricity.. the answers were nothig surprising, we were all living in the dark...my roommates and I felt our way around.. looking for torchers, candles and matchers or lighters.. fortunately I found the lighter that Redza left behind.. I didn't even know how to use it.. kak Ijah had to light the candles up for me.. I sacrificed my decorative candles [we needed light more than decorations at times like this].. we lighted up about 10 candles and put it all over the apartment.. 2 of them were used up completely.. we sat together eating under the candle light as we exchange stories from the past [sounds romantic, but what else were we to do in the dark?].. kak ijah was just about to give up, she needed to read something up for her classes or something, she was planning to go to Farah's house but it was snowing so heavy she didn't feel like going out.. I was getting sleepy.. the whole situation was settling the scene for me to dooze off.. then, all of a sudden the lights went back on.. we heard the sounds of music blaring from the next door apartment.. we were jumping with joy! We heard from the radio that some of the colleges nearby cancelled their classes because of the heavy snow..
today, we were all walking in muddy brown slush.. and it's still snowing! I took my winter boot out and woke my hooded coat and tied mufflers around my neck and covered my cheeks.. I think I've had enough of all this snow, and it's only the 2nd day.. the weatherman says that it might still snow in April next year.. oh, how I wish I'm in Malaysia.. take me there, I wanna go there!

I was suppose to tell my landlord about my housing status about 3 weeks ago, but at the time I couldn't make up my mind whether I want to stay or move [the rent went up by 80 dollars!].. I was going to move to the Seven Corners apartment on the west bank with Fajarrani's friends or to Dinnaken House with Annie and Heather.. Fortunately Sasha came to my house last night and she told me she wants to move out of the little cubicle over at Como somewhere.. she wanted to move in with someone she already knew, instead of some stranger.. so being a friend that I am, I think it would be beneficious for both me and Sasha if we stayed together, so I said yes.. she'll be coming again soon to sign the lease with me. The good thing is kak Ijah will be leaving her furniture behind and Sasha doesn't really have any furniture.. so things fit it rather well.. Sasha can just take over.. and she doesn't really mind my current roommate staying until the 11th of January too.. so we're all happy with things. I found out alot of surprising things about Sasha as we were talking to each other yesterday.. Fortunately all these surprises are of the good kind.. I found out that she had just converted into Islam about two weeks before Ramadhan.. [her parents still doesn't know about it].. that explains why she is wearing a scarf and fasting.. she was suppose to come over on Saturday .. then she called me up and told me that she couldn't make it at 4 o'clock cause she wants to break her fast.. I was shocked then cause I didn't know she was a muslim.. but I didn't say anything cause she might just be experimenting, then when she came to muy house yesterday wearing a scarf and everything, at first I though it was just to shield herself from the snow.. but then when she got in it tookm her a while before she took it off.. then out of curiousity I asked her if he had broken her fast.. she actually said 'yeah'.. which means she is still fasting just like the other day.. so I asked her the burning question.. and sure as daylight, she is a muslim.. [Alhamdullilah!] I was thrilled for her.. she explained her reasonings and her views about life.. it turns out taht she had been thinking about it for over a year now.. then she finally did what was right.. I also found out that initially she also came to us as an exchange student, just like Yasmin... then she had her tuition fees wavered by the U but she has to work 20 hours per week in order to survive.. that's really cool... I wish I could be an exhange student studying in Malaysia for one semester..[don't you just hate it when you wish for something you can't have, when will we ever be satisfied?]...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home