BabB|e|iCiOUs

A message to myself..that's exactly what this is.. My own little niche in life..

Sunday, November 18, 2001

I am so happy that the weekend has rolled over again.. the week has been very strenous.. and I can see that things are gonna be the same (or worse, hopefully not) as the weeks move on towards the finals.. there's only one month left before the final exams are going to start.. I have a lot to study for.. which is why I cannot keep this blog frequently updated as before..
Last Tuesday, I registered for the classes that I will be taking next Spring. Jin and I will be taking 3 classes together ('Analytical Chemistry' lab, 'Heat and Mass Transfer' and 'Reaction Kinetics and Reactor Engineering').. I will also be taking the Organic Lab with Fajarrani.. Joe says he'll be giving me his lab reports so that I can use it as reference next sem.. that's really nice considering I didn't even ask for it..
Jin will also be taking 2 other classes, he registered for a genetics class for his emphasis (3XXX level) because he plans to do something with Biology.. Fajarrani is planning to take the 'Chemistry of Industry' class (3XXX level) for her emphasis while Vikesh is taking 'Advanced Organic Chemistry Lab' because he's doing a major in Chemistry.. As Chem. Eng students here at the U, we will automatically get a minor in Chemistry but Vikesh is doing double major. He's really smart, he got another 100 for his quantum kuiz.. the one where everyone else in the class could only average a 60 on.. Jin, Joe, Vikesh, Kiran, Fajarrani and I are starting to become really close friends now.. we're planning to go out tonight for dinner.. Jin is going to show us a new Korean Restaurant.. Joe couldn't make it cause his gf is coming up from North Dakota (his homestate).. so the rest of us will be going..
I was looking through the course guide catalog today trying to decide whether I want to take a Phy. Ed class next sem.. and at the back of the book was a picture of 4 people in their grad cloak.. Jin wrote our names on top of each character and labelled it "My bestfriends in May 2003".. I thought it was really sweet.. maybe in two years time I'd look back at this picture and think of us struggling on all those homework problems, walking together between classes and taking notes in class.. he asked me to take the genetics class with him but I don't really like biology. I think I'll be too busy next sem anyway.

Last night was a good start to the weekend too.. it's actually the first day of Ramadhan and all the Muslims throughout the world are fasting for a month from dawn to dusk right now except for those who are pregnant, breast feeding, too old, travelling, working hard or on one of those female monthly cycles..
Unfortunately my roommate and I are one of the few that's in the latter.. so I guess we'll be missing the first few days of Ramadhan.. I wish I didn't have to miss a second of this wonderful month.. but there are somethings you just can't control..
Anyway, I went home from class yesterday and I told her that Harry Potter movie is out that day..she said that she knows, Farah was telling me that she'll be going to the movies after her tarawih prayers tonight, Izrin had already bought 21 tickets for himself and everyone else who wants to go and see it too.. I can imagine the whole St. Anthony Reading Cinema filled with Malays, and smiled.. when I got home my roommate was asking me when we're going to see Harry Potter, since we're both not fasting, I said now.. it felt like doing something really spontaneous.. I dropped my bag and ate while I waited for my roommate to change and after afew minutes we were waiting at the bus stop for a bus, on our way going to the Mall of America.. We took the express bus number 52A cause we can't be bothered to change bus downtown. When we got there all the evening tickets were already sold out, and the latest we could go and see the show was at 7.45pm.. so we bought our ticket and wandered around the mall.. we ate first cause we were both starving, and then we started shopping.. my roommate bought some cards from Hallmark and got a free book about the famous Christmas poem called "Twas the night before Christmas".. I remember that poem so well cause I had to memorize it for a play that we were doing while I was in Middle School in Armley, Leeds in UK. Anyway, we carried on walking around, the initial plan was to go window shopping to survey the prices so that we could come back for the thanksgiving sale next week. My roommate wanted to buy a watch for her mum.. so we stopped over at this little watch store (where Wira and I went to buy his Guess watch last year).. and we looked around, then we were both interested at this one SEIKO watch..we asked the Thai sales lady to get it for us, she was really friendly.. she reconized that we were Malaysians and started talking about her recent trip to Thailand and Penang last September.. she gave us 35% discount eventhough the tag only shows 30% sale. Somehow Kak Ijah decided to buy the watch for herself instead of for her mum.. we later realised that the watch looks similar to my Guess watch, with the navy blue face, and gold and silver metal band.. she was happy, I was happy... we decided to go shopping for next week during the Thanksgiving sale to buy all the gifts that we have been planning to buy. We went to Linen Things and looked around there too (cause she wants to buy some bedding stuff for her sister and brother's wedding gifts) we saw this really nice quilted blanket.. it was really nice.. with red and pink embroided flowers... I might get one too.. we asked the workers there if they'll be having a sale next week and they said that they'll have one the day after thanskgiving.. well, just wait mister, you'll see us again then..!

Then after checking the time, we rushed straight to the cinema and took our seats to enjoy the next two hours of Harry Potter.. if you haven't seen it, rush over to your nearest cinema.. it is so worth going! There was some parts of the novel that was excluded, but it was a good movie never the less.. to see all your favourite characters in a book come to live.. I like to see movies that I have read the novel.. like 'The Shining', "Storm of The Century".. both by Stephen King as well as others too..

Here's a little summary of the last 5 days:
On Monday, I had a midterm exam and had dinner at Perkins (The Schrimp Boat Dinner is really good) in Hopkins with Tom.
On Tuesday night, I had dinner with my mentor who turns out to be a muslim Egyptian Chemical Engineering lady who's working in General Mills.. Her name is Amy Abouelinein.. I thought that it was an European last name or something, but Amy taught me how to pronounce it.. it's actually suppose to be like Abu Al-Lin or something.. she's pretty cool. It's her fifth year as a mentor, last year she was in the high committee of this program. She has alot to say, and we have a lot in common... I hope things are going to work out well for us in the next 6 months. I already like her even on this first meeting. I also saw alot of other familiar faces in this orientation meeting.. Adha was there, along with Che Wan, Jaheeda (kak Ijah's the Turkish lab partner), Sarah, Eric and other classmates..
Anyway, I watched Tom Raider on Wednesday night with my roommate (again- I've already in the movies before)..
Thursday, I did nothing.. no actually I cooked and ate at home..
Then Friday, we went to the movies.. any other time I was probably either watching tv, studying or trying to finish off my assignment..
I got kinda angry on Monday at this one girl who likes to talk about people's bad points.. I found out that she was talking behind my back from somebody, saying things which she wasn't even sure was true or not.. it turns out that it wasn't true at all.. when I told the person who told me what she said, all the things that I have heard about her reputation(it's so amazing how so many people have so many negative things to say about her, even people who she doesn't know and especially from the poeple who she doesn't claim to be her friends).. she confronted me and so when I told her why I was angry, she starts turning it into a big deal.. after a while I just can't be bothered with all her trash anymore so I told her to stop saying bad things about people cause if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all..(I think we learned that from kindergarten..)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home