BabB|e|iCiOUs

A message to myself..that's exactly what this is.. My own little niche in life..

Tuesday, December 18, 2001

Location : My bedroom.
Wish I could be : done with all this exams
Feeling : Nervous
Weather : Sunny but cold.
Quote of the day: EID MUBARAK
Recently Ate : Nasi impit with rendang, (with the addition of lemang at Aerni'e house last night) a tonne of kueh raya and other traditional dishes.
Drank : A&W Ice Cream soda (a recent favorite since the last iftar last Wednesday at Ford 207)
Wearing : Blue and brown checkered GUESS shirt, blue Calvin Klein jeans, socks.
Perfume : Bath & Body Works ' Refreshing Garden Mint'.
Latest outing : With Kak Ijah visiting the Como and Elmwood houses on the 1st of Syawal yesterday (all 7 houses all together)
Listening to: The Corrs 'In Blue'.
Recently Read: 'A Short Guide To a Happy Life' by Anna Quindlen.
Latest Movie: Ocean's 11.

It's been a long time since I last stretched my fingers on this keyboard to jot something down for this blog.. I must admit I have been rather busy with the last few assignments and preparing for the dreaded finals..These last few weeks have really challenged me, eating up chunks of the time that I've set aside for socializing and those shut eyes.. I hope it will all pay off handsomely.. I've decided to switch on my creative persona just for a moment to rest my mind from all this studying.. I'm turning into a nervous wreck just thinking about the finals tomorrow..I've been spending almost all of today studying at HarMar mall's Barnes and Noble along with a tonne of other U students getting ready for the finals.. the atmosphere there is very encouraging.. so I stayed there and study Quantum Mechanics..
The maghrib of Saturday night marks the end of Ramadhan.. everyone went to kak Jali's house to break our last Ramadhan fast of the year, it was a rather cheerful gathering as everyone was happy to meet each other... then yesterday everyone went to the Eid prayers and celebrated the beginning of Syawal visiting each other. My Syawal celebration started rather late in the evening cause I was waiting for my roommate to finish her final programming project that's due the next day..she said that she didn't feel like celebrating until her work is safely done.. people were calling inviting us to their houses all afternoon, but I really don't wanna leave my roommate all alone on the first day of Syawal and celebrate on my own, so I stayed, studied and kept her company. It turns out to be a productive morning, so it wasn't really that bad. Somehow I felt very emotional that morning, I talked to everyone in the family, even my 85 year old grandma.. then after an hour on the phone I chatted with my cousin online and asked around about their celebration. It made me really homesick, I miss them all very much...
At around 4 kak Ijah was done with her assignment and so we took the next bus to visit the apartments in Elmwood and Como, we managed to visit 7 apartments all together.. we ate til were bloated and full.. Zam had an open house at 9 pm, so we met more people then.. We missed Amilin's, Pyan's and Rafique's house cause they had an open house earlier that day.. but I guess we could always go for a small Eid visit someday.. We shall be having our open house on the noon of the 25th of December, we still haven't decided what to cook, though I am considering having a simple small gathering for those who are leaving earlier [Mizie will be going back for good tomorrow at 2.30pm]..My last final exam will be on the 22nd, then I'm planning to go to the Eid Gala , maybe later that night I'll have a little thing at my house, still it's not confirmed yet.. I have to work on the 23rd.. then I have 24 and 25th off due to the X-mas celebration, then it's back to work on the 26th.. Thank God I have the Florida trip to look forward to..[I'll be going to Madison on the 2nd for a day before I'll be splashing in the Orlando sun on the 3rd.. that should give me enough time to visit my friends in Madison, I'll be gone until the 9th].. otherwise it's all work and no play...it won't be too bad though, cause this year I have planned out what I want to do to make my break more productive... I have a new hobby that will be make my work time more productive.. [Otherwise I'd be going to work without doing anything .. so this is something I can do during the boring 8 hours of work ..] Won't spill the beans just yet, you'll find out soon enough though..
Sasha will be moving in on the first, and will stay here while I'm gone.. Kak Ijah will be busy packing her stuff to ship it back home...
I'm really looking forward to the new year.. but for now I guess I have to strive for the last bitter test of the semester.. wish me luck everyone.. try your best!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home