BabB|e|iCiOUs

A message to myself..that's exactly what this is.. My own little niche in life..

Friday, February 07, 2003

DON"T FORGET ME!!




I'm at work right now, actually I'm suppose to be done in 5 minutes but I promised Amanda that I'd stay with her tonight cause last week I didn't hang out with her at work and the week before I didn't come at all. She misses those good times when we'd have those double shifts and order food for dinner and study together afterwards.. I used to do that once a week with her, so she had scheduled that every Thursday night we'd have shifts together again this semester. Which in a way is quite nice.. cause studying together just kinda makes things lighter.. plus, I know that if I'd go home, I'll probably spend too much time doing something else rather than studying..

It's been rather chilly recently, especially today, it's freezing out there. I really liked it when it was snowing before though, I love the feel of the soft snow melting on my nose. Plus, when it snows it's usually not that cold.. usually it's the day after the snow that the ice starts to freeze, and that's when it's cold. On Monday when it was snowing, I actually wished that the snow wouldn't stop til it's up to my abdomen or something.. I just wished that there's a snow storm so bad that the university would be closed and that the roads were so jammed that everyone is stuck at home.. so then it'll be a major national snow day and I'd have one more day to sleep in and just not bother with anything... ahhh, the simple joy of life..

Tom, or should I say Adam [his new Islam name], will finally be coming back to America after 6 months of helping out with his family's gold business. He was in LA for a while but now he's doing business deals in Asia. He's been to Malaysia three times already, visiting my family without me, I'm so jealous.. He's also on his way to go to Malaysia again right now [I wanna be where he's at, nice and warm and on my way to meet my lovely parents], cause he wants to pick up his flight ticket at my house back home [cause he doesn't trust the Cambodian mailing system, that's where he's at visiting his grandma and training for diamond placement skills], he called me this morning and told me that he's going to take the train from Phnom Phen to Thailand to go to Malaysia. I read the news and found out that there's a train crash .. I'm worried that he's in that train. I hope not. Recently, I found out from Prof. Macosko that one of my lab mates from last semester was a victim of a hit and run accident on Sunday evening at 3pm at his neighbourhood. He's not suffering from any broken bones but his head is all wacked up. He can't remember things or people that well and he's still in Hennepin Hospital..

Other recent local news is about the dispute over the ownership of Pulau Batu Puteh between the Malaysian and the Singaporeans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home