BabB|e|iCiOUs

A message to myself..that's exactly what this is.. My own little niche in life..

Saturday, February 08, 2003

THAT"S MY HEAD, WOMAN!

The head is sacred! You don't play around with a person's head jokingly, even if it's in a good way.. and most crucially, you DON'T kick a ball at a persons head, [consciencely or unintentionally] look at them in the eye and just walk away pretending as if it didn't happen. No matter who you are, how good you are, you just don't do that! Turn around and apologize that would've made things so much more better.. Especially if you know that the person is in no way amused by your rude action.

I was playing indoor soccer today, and this one person, Q, decided to take a little rest.. so she opt out of the practice session and sat outside the presumable unproportional field that we have. Ten minutes later, we took a 5 minute break and so Q decided to sharpen her skill and took a shot at the ball.. she happens to kick the ball at the back of my feet as I was leaning against the fence.. I turned around and she looked at me and continued on... I thought that it was weird that she didn't apologize but just shook it off cause no big deal... This is so like her.. sabar.. sabar...
so then later, I got up and was getting ready to tell the other players what we're gonna be doing next when suddenly, out of no where, a ball came hitting my head, so I turned around.. and sure enough it was Q.. I looked at her she looked at me and just continued dribbling the ball as if nothing had ever happened... I thought THAT"S MY HEAD WOMAN.. I was mad, have you no decency..? didn't you pass pre-school?
I was so mad that it shows, there was two balls on the field and Q kicked the ball towards me telling us that we were going to use this specific ball [which wasn't the ball we've been using in practice before that] so I said that we should use the other ball.. so I picked up the ball and threw the other ball out to the next field cause we only need one ball for the game.. if I hadn't thrown that ball I would've probably needed a punch bag to take the anger out! Some of the girls knew what happened.. they came to me later and said that Q should've said sorry for hitting my head instead of just ignoring it. it wasn't so hard to do.. we all do it all the time, I mean, you loose control of the ball.. you hit someone and so you automatically apologize.. we're all prone to mistakes here, just be brave enough to own up to it...it's not much of a request...
The evening moved to night and soon the 2 hour session was over, didn't feel like staying over so I left. I've volunteered to help cooking for the JPA meeting tomorrow anyway [eventhough I'm really a MARA scholar]

Earlier that afternoon I was cooking chicken rice at Alauddin's house with Azrin while the boys went to perform their Friday prayers.. I had to go to class at 2 so I didn't have a chance to eat the food with them.. I saw Din at the gym and he told me to come over later that night but by the time I was home, I was too tired to eat.. basically I skipped all my meals today, I'm just not hungry..Hope they enjoyed the food... cooking for others is always a discreet pleasure of mine..

Not everything went bad today, I had some progress academically. Had my first presentation today, Rowland was also suppose to come but he didn't turn up at all.. we were all worried that it would affect our grades as a group but then Prof Parent [yeah,that's his real name] said that it's his grade not ours cause we've made every effort possible to get him to the presentation today but he just didn't turn up.. so I had to make a summary of Rwland's presentation without his slides and continued on with my own presentation.. Allah must've looked over my shoulders cause everything just came flowing out of my mouth as if it was meant to be.. I wasn't looking at any notes, I just talked and talked and answered the instructors questions confidently, they were even impressed with my slides.. and both the TA and the Pof gave positive feedbacks afterwards... Alhamdullilah.. I even finished my hw early and participated in my evening class's discussion today.. I love my classes this semester... especially the ES class (Environmental Science) where we are constantly discussing the issues in the environment... I have to write a paper on whether " Environmentalists overstate their case".. what do you think?.. I asked Chad at work yesterday, he said "Yeah" unhesitantly.. it's gonna be an intteresting paper.. iin a way, I think it's very personal, and you can get really involved in writing this paper... I'm really looking forward to this one..[queer reaction to homework if you ask me!]

Anyway, I have to work early tomorrow, and my bed is calling my name.. this is killing me softly.. I have to surrender ! Au revoir mon amie! Tschus!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home