BabB|e|iCiOUs

A message to myself..that's exactly what this is.. My own little niche in life..

Friday, April 04, 2003

SAY MY NAME..

Had a headache last night and so I slept very early last night to compensate for the previous night when I didn't sleep, cramming for my exam. Naturally, I woke up early this morning, so I decided to call my mum.. it's been a while since I talked to her cause for the past weeks, every time I call home I've only had the chance to talk to Abang and my sisters [including Nora who is on her semester break from UUM] cause my parents had gone on holiday to finish off their TANCO Holiday points. Such a shame that the holiday plan that they are on right now doesn't cover international trips to America cause I really do want them to come to my commencement ceremony next month. I bought my graduation gown and tassle yesterday at the GRAD FEST. I was looking at the commemorative rings by Artcarved, which are so expensive that the price of the rings are not even shown in their catalogue or on their website. Supposedly if we buy during the GradFest, we will automatically be receiving $180 off the 14 carat gold rings or something, but even then you'd have to pay a few hundred to own one. I thought, once I get my engagement ring I probably won't wear this 'customized' ring anymore, so I might as well spend 'that' money on something else equally valuable but more useful.

Because of the unstable global tension, a lot of the parents of my international friends have cancelled their flight to America. Abah's 'boikot'ting and doesn't want to spend money on anything American related. So I'm gonna ask Abang Rezal and Maria, my cousin and his wife from Ohio, to come here to share the moment with me instead. My second cousin, Rizal studying in Daytona, Florida had already returned back to Malaysia last semester. I wonder if Rezal went to Rizal's commencement ceremony.. hehe... I know, it sounds weird.. one of my neighbours who I have been growing up with is also a Rizal, then there's also my friend Pablo (another Rizal).. This might be a general assumption but could it be true that everyone in Malaysia either knows or is related to at least one Rizal? Maybe it's true with any other name too..

Like my name for instance, I know at least another 4 people who's name is some form of Isnaini.. there's this one girl who used to take the same school bus with me when I was in standard 2 she was from SRK Kampung Tunku, but her name is really Esnaini [I saw it on her name tag], Then there's this girl from MRSM, [our junior] but it's spelt Iznani.. then just recently I joined ANSERI [MRSM Beseri Alumni Association], one of my (super)^n [where n<13] senior emailed me after he saw my name on the online application form cause we had the same name, I was actually shocked cause he's a guy.. all this time all the Isnaini's I've met are all girls and I have always thought that it's a girls name.. he was excited to hear from another Isnaini too.. His name is Nik Isnaini Arafat or something like that.. so feeling very curious, I went online and searched for Isnaini at www.google.com, I was in even more shock.. all the Isnainis found online are guys.. there's Ahmad Isnaini, who is a freelance web designer, then there's Amirul Isnaini,a well known Indonesian military man [you can read about him in this Indonesian newspaper,Berita Utama.. then there's Muhammad Isnaini, Isnaini Abdillah, Dian Isnaini, Zakki Riyan Isnaini, Rahman Isnaini + etc.. I told my mum that Isnaini is a guy's name..she was shocked too, the prefix "Nor" has a significant effect to make this a feminine name.. a lot of people have commented me that Isnaini is 'sweet' name, and I've always taken that as a compliment, even though I really have no part in coming up with the name.. usually Malaysians would say "emmm.. Isnaini, awak nih lahir hari Isnin ka?" to which I would truthfully answer "yes" but that's not the reason my mum named me that.. In Leeds, when I introduce myself to Arabic-spoken ladies [during any Islamic gatherings that our family attended] they would almost automatically say "Ahhh.. so you are the second child right?" to which I would truthfully answer "yes" once again.. and that's really the main reason this is my name.. so then they'd ask "Is your brother's name Wahid?".. "No, Amir" [a leader or head] ....anyway, one very clear unmistakable connection with all these random Isnaini is that they are all Indonesian.. [I'm speechless.. ]

I've never met anyone with my mum's name, so I went back online and searched for Khashiah, and I found a post graduate student from UiTM whose full name is Khashiah Yusof, it's such a coincidence cause my dad's name is Yusoff.. so [in summary], I know [and love very dearly] a woman named Khasiah who is married to Yusoff and the only other existing person I've found with the same name is Khashiah Yusof [My parent is Khashiah and Yusoff.. Once again I'm speechless... MashaAllah!]

Have you ever heard of The Kabalarian Philosophy, one of its claims is that your name creates the thinking patterns that shape your life. This is what it says about me based on my name;

Isnaini
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your first name of Isnaini has made you a friendly, approachable, and generous person. Generally you are good-natured, though at times you can be blunt and sarcastic. As you are naturally talkative, you find it easy to meet and make friends with many people. This name inclines you to be sympathetic and generous to those in difficult or unfortunate circumstances. You can be firm, positive, and independent in your own ideas and in reaching your own decisions, yet when it comes to taking action or following things through to completion, you often need encouragement. You respond quickly to kind words or any appreciation shown you. There are artistic, creative abilities in this name that you could express through music or singing, or, in a practical way, through sewing or interior decorating. You enjoy freedom from monotony and are stimulated by unexpected opportunities for meeting people, entertaining, or pursuing activities of a carefree nature. In your work, you find it difficult to be neat and orderly. You rarely plan things ahead of time, or follow a routine. Emotion and feeling, the desire to be carefree, friendly, and happy, are the driving forces in your being, rather than shrewdness, ambition, and material success. You could experience headaches, or problems with your teeth, ears, eyes, or sinuses. Health weaknesses relative to the functioning of the liver could appear.


I find that a lot of this is true..sometimes, I do need encouragement in completing something, I'd call up my friends in the middle of my cramming sessions and say" Please remind me why I'm torturing myself for this?" or something like "Please motivate me!" and these are the reasons I'm so grateful for my friends.. [I won't forget to mention your names when I receive my first Grammy! Thanks, I wouldn't be here without you].. sometimes I feel artistic and creative [I do enjoy drawing, sewing, singing and acting] though the media critiques that I'm not really that talented..hehe... and remember that childhood ambition of mine; I wanted to be an architect but most specificly, I wanted to be an interior decorator... yes, I do enjoy this single, happy, carefree freedom.. and I don't think I'm materialistic.. I'm like my dad, if I have I give.. just to make the people I love happy.. I remember when I was little, I was given some money for Eid and I don't know what to do with it so I asked my dad what he does with his money.. and he said that he works hard to give money to those that he loves because when they're happy, he's happy.. so in short, he gives to be happy.. giving makes him happy... through the years, I found that he is by far the most generous person I've ever met.. Alhamdullilah...[not saying that I'd get everything I ask for, which is good at times cause I tend to be too generous to the shops that I visit sometimes.. hehe..]

what's in your name?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home