BabB|e|iCiOUs

A message to myself..that's exactly what this is.. My own little niche in life..

Thursday, March 27, 2003

IT HAS BEGAN.

I know it seems like I have made a temporary disappearance, and I guess I must admit that I was taking a little break from things. Last week, I went to California with some old time buds from Madison. There's really alot to tell and I will create a photo journal to tell you all about it soon [maybe next week when I'm done with my midterm]

As we are all well aware off, war has broke out in Iraq. I have made a little compilation dedicated to this war.. there's not really much I can do other than pray for the Muslims and the end of this war. Just click on this paragraph and you will be directed to it.. I shall add more stuff everyday.. just bits and pieces that I have found interesting.


I was eating dinner at Cafe 8, Fisherman's Wharf with Nini, Mazu and Dya in San Francisco at the time the first attack on Iraq. The waiter at the cafe turned up the volume on the television that was set on CNN News. Inside I was scared, not only for myself but for the future. Despite what the media says deep down I feels that this is undoubtedly a war between religion and that Bush is attacking for personal reasons. The next morning, we were on our way to buy our tickets to get a boat ride to Alcatraz when we got on the wrong bus and was heading to San Francisco downtown instead of Fisherman's Wharf. The bus had to stop before sending all its passangers to their designated stop due to a road block cause there was an anti-war demonstration. So we had a little live action there. Later that night, we were once again stuck, this time in a gas station cause our exit ws blocked due to a peace demonstration walk somewhere on our way back to Los Angeles. We found out the next day from NBC News that the SF demonstration was very big and that throughout the globe, millions have come out to make their opinions heard.. some quiet aggressively, especially at the US Embassy. We saw high school kids demonstrating in USC when we were on our way to lunch the next day, and the same could be said regarding U of MN students on Monday too. There was a grand walkout at noon and later a peace walk along Washington Ave sometime at 3.. there was 12 police parole cars following the demonstration.. but I don't think any of this public outbreak is going to change Bush's mind on the war... sad but true..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home