BabB|e|iCiOUs

A message to myself..that's exactly what this is.. My own little niche in life..

Monday, April 07, 2003

SUCH CHAOS

There's so many things running on my mind.. it's like my thoughts have legs and keeps moving here and there.. playing hide and seek.. making me forget, fondling with my emotions..
Such a chaotic behavior, with unwanted interference and mixed signals.. I have an organizer but I'm still disorganized,
I have a schedule but I never follow it...
Time is moving so fast, I can't catch up anymore.

Talked to Adrin this morning, it's his 25th birthday today and he's getting engaged next month to his secrectary at work who is two years older than him. They'll be married next May. He wants me to come to his wedding next year. We talked for a long time, feels so weird. It seems like it was just yesterday that he came to visit me from his Exxon-Mobil training in Texas, though it was actually last September.

Abang has started work too.. he stopped working with that Japanese company as soon as he found out that he's accepted by Petronas.. he's currently on the one week orientation thing. His starting wage is quite impressive, and he's planning to get married to his long time girlie in two years time, he told mama that he doesn't want to marry anyone other than Lia.. so that's good news. Lia is a year younger than me, so I guess my kakak ipar will be younger than me. My roommate from ppp will also be married soon too, next month actually, with our ppp classmate. So is another atu2 couple..

Strange....Remember how I was talking about wanting a ring for graduation, well I should be careful what I wish for.. there's a red ruby, 14 karat gold ring sitting pretty comfortably on my middle right finger ring now. No, I didn't buy it [you know I couldn't afford it].. I'm feeling very 'patriotic' towards the U right now, last Friday I went and bought a 'UofMn' sweater cause I realised that I haven't bought one yet even though I'm almost done with my 4 year double-degree. Next week I'm thinking of buying another two long sleeved shirts too, one maroon and one in gold/yellow so that our soccer team could wear it for the Midwest Games. The team has given me the honour of becoming the team captain this time. Can't promise anything but we'll try our best [Need to register the team soon]. I also bought a maroon bed sheet set two weeks ago.. seriously, I think I've turned into this neuro-dramatic-shopping-freak. I'm thinking of shipping my stuff back in August and so I'm starting to look at dinnerware [and matching tablecloth and napkins], silverware, bedding and home appliance stuff to buy to send back home. I'm calling home to ask my mum if she wants me to buy anything to add to her Royal Doulton fine china collection.. it's crazy..

One things for sure, I need to buy my groceries today!
I was freaking out this morning while I was making breakfast cause I found out that Anthony (Angela's pet fish) is dead and I think I killed him. What happens was that Anthony's water was getting so murky that I thought I was doing him a favor by cleaning his little pond out cause Angela's been neglecting his cleanliness lately. My big mistake is that I didn't realise that I should have added dechloronator to the tap water. [Damn you halogens!] So I called up Adam and asked him to take me to a fish store so that I could find another "Anthony" and replace it before she finds out, it was too early and Adam was with his family so he told me to tell Angela that I cooked Anthony cause I don't have any food and I'm hungry... that doesn't really solve my problem but I guess it does show how much I need to do get my groceries done.

Anyway, my sis Husna has an interview tomorrow with JPA. She was offered to further her studies in medic either in Australia, Ireland or New Zealand. She should also be getting her results from the last interview with Petronas last Friday,[I haven't called home yet to hear the results] but the thing is Petronas offered her Mechanical Engineering but she told them that she would rather do Medic.. She also got accepted to do her Science Matriks which she should start on Thursday in Perak somewhere if she chooses to accept it.. so many open options.. I'm so happy for her.

Notice how a day after the war, the media calls it the "war on Iraq", and now it's called "operation freedom Iraq".. well no matter what you wanna call it, it still doesn't make it right that these Americans invade a free country in order to eliminate terrorism.. it's like aliens coming to Earth and telling us that they are saving us from our own elected rulers. Americans came to Baghdad and took over their airport, renamed it.. They're forcing these Iraqis to flee their home with a promise of rebuilding it.. [well we know what that's gonna look like..] who wants an 'Americanized' Iraq, with all their oil companies and businesses monopolizing the Iraqi economy. When it's over, I wonder what the Iraqis will think of their "heroes"..

p/s: Don't forget to adjust your clocks today [Spring up, fall down]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home