BabB|e|iCiOUs

A message to myself..that's exactly what this is.. My own little niche in life..

Thursday, May 08, 2003

I know I should stop this right now and get my head stuck in a book, but that seems quite impossible when I'm at work.. every time I flip a page over there's always someone staring at me, with eyes full of hope and questions.. so I'd set my book aside and tend to their needs and by the time I start again, the cycle continues.. good thing Chad is here too, so we switch turns whenever someone comes over. I'm only here for a short while tonight, so I'll be leaving in less than an hour..

Anyway, just when you thought you've had enough with weddings.. Joe met me this morning and asked for my address cause he wanted to send out his wedding invitation when he gets back to South Dakota.. So now Joe and his girlie, Angel, the nurse, is getting married in Soth Dakota on the 12th of June.. I think I might be able to attend this one actually, it'll give me a reason to go to Mt. Rushmore too.. plus, it's the first time I've ever been invited to an American wedding, it'll be an experience.. come to think of it, I have never been to a non-Malay wedding.. It's kind of funny cause out of the 6 in the gang (me, Fajarrani, Joe, Jin, Vikesh,and Kamar), Joe is actually the youngest, he's not even 22 yet on his wedding day.. but he's the first of us to have a job and a family of his own.. I wonder if the others will attend the wedding too.. I'm not sure if Kamar, Jin and Fajarrani is going to be in Minnesota in June. Joe will be leaving Minnesota next Thursday.. I think we will be going out to celebrate our graduation on Wednesday night, just before Joe leaves, which could also be our last outing together, in fact it could be the last time we'll ever see each other. I'm sure we'll exchange addresses and emails.. so after this if I should have a place to stay if I ever need to visit South Dakota, Canada, South Korea, Indonesia, or India.. hehe..

I bumped into Ryan and he called me for a chat, he was only suppose to come to the bookstore to get pencils for the final exams but somehow he was in a talkative mood.. I don't even know when I started to be friendly with him but he just wouldn't stop talking.. so he asked me about my future plans and stuff.. and somehow we told me all about his family and everything.. he was really friendly, he told me that he was accepted in 5 different grad school and he's finally going to go out of Minnesota and study in MIT for his doctorate.. He told me that out of the 7 grad students from the CEMS department, everyone is going to different Universities so he's trying to catch up to some of the friends he made during the University tour that he went to in March and wanted to find roommates.. he'll still be at the U finishing off research this summer so we'll still see each other at the gym and stuff.. Surprisingly, he wasn't invited to Joe's wedding.. but then again he told me that he had just started getting close to Joe recently.. I thought that he's going out with Roxy but he told me that he doesn't have 'a significant other'. So his trip to the bookstore to get a pencil had stretched to an hour, I just couldn't find a polite way to stop the conversation.. but we finally stopped talking when I saw my friend.. Oh.. well..

It goes without saying, but I'm gonna say it anyway.. I won't be updating for a while due to exams, but I'm sure after this is over I'll have tonnes to say.. [plus pictures too.. ]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home