BabB|e|iCiOUs

A message to myself..that's exactly what this is.. My own little niche in life..

Sunday, May 04, 2003

JEJAK KASIH
Remember the TV3 hit show jejak kasih where old lost family members or friends are reunited after being separated by bizarre events in their life like twins mistakenly separated at birth, family members separated during the war, adopted children tracking down their parents and other related separations like that.. well recently, I experienced my own jejak kasih, though of course my experience is not being commercially publicized.. it is still a bizarre occurance. When I went to UK in 1990, I lost contact with my close friends from SSP.. and we even when I returned back to Malaysia in 1995, I no longer have their address and phone numbers and so we didn't contact each other.. Things took a strange turn for me after I returned back from Europe cause after that I no longer went to class with people who are the same age as me.. so then I made new friends and never had a chance to track back the old ones from SSP. Then I signed up as a member of the kawanaku.com thing where you are categorized based on which batch you were at school and last week, I got an email from one of my very close friend..

It seems like a dream.. I was so excited upon hearing from a long lost friend.. it has been 13 years since we last communicated.. [13 is a lucky number :) ].. I got an email from her asking me if I still remember her..

A'kum..
Hai! Pe kaba? Kenal lagi tak? Zuriati Mazlan, 4 kiambang tahun 1990. Kite pernah main getah sesama dulu ngan Nurul Faeizah, Siti Fathah... hehe...Qeemnoor ingat tak? Lama yekk kite tak jumpa. Since you pindah ke luar negara. Masih di sana lagi yekk? Zue skang masih blaja di UKM, Bangi. Insya Allah bulan 10 nie abis ler. Kalau ingat lagi, balas ler mail nie yek. Bleh sambung semula persahabatan yg tlh terputus. Jumpa lagi..babai...


A short but very meaningful letter.. I replied immedately upon receiving the email.. I was so happy.. so then later we kept replying emails each one asking the other about what had happened to us since we parted.. we have 13 years to catch up on.. I wonder what she looks like..how the others looked like.. who's married, who's not.. bla-bla-bla... there's a million questions I wanted to ask.. how time have changed us.. Allah is all mighty..who would have known that we'd get together like this... I told her that I am no longer in UK but I'm now in America finishing off my degree, and she told me that of the 5 of us in the group, Siti Fathah got married last May, and the others are still single. They more or less still keep in touch with each other and comes to visit during Raya and other holidays.. I miss them so much, now I wish I could go back this summer for a visit.. it's such a great surprise cause this girl is not just merely a girl from the batch, in fact she is one of the gang I was talking about once.. I told my mum about it when I had my weekly chat with her, she couldn't believe it either.. there's definitely going to be a reunion this december.. I can't wait to see how we've all grown.. it'll be like one of those YA-YA sistership thing... heheh..

Anyway, talking about uniting people together.. I heard that my ppp roommate will be getting married this month, my cousin is getting married next month in Malaysia.. our family [on my mother's side haven't had a wedding in almost three years, and so this one is said to be a beginning of a string of other marriages since most of my cousins, me included, are in the age range of 20-30 years old].. Namie, the bride to be, is 29 and her other sisters are 27, 24 and 20.. then Mak Lang's boys are 29 and 28, she also has two girls in this age range at 25 and 20.. Mak Uteh has another unmarried daughter who is 22.. In our family, mama's prince is 25 and her princesses are 23 and 22.. Mammi's daughter is 24 and her son is 22.. Then Chu's son is 22.. Uncle Chop's sons are 26, 24 and 22.. On my dad's side, only my dad is the only one who doesn't have grandkids yet.. to some of the kids on my dad's side, my grandma is not just a great-grandma.. she's a great-great-great-grandma.. that means that I am some kid's great-grand-aunt.. it's no surprise then that the president of the senior's batch in MRSM Beseri is one of my nephews.. amongst his friends, I'm called "MakCik Press".. isn't it ironic.. hehhe..

I remember when I was in high school and my friends and I had one of those slumber parties in my room [like you do in boarding schools] and we were talking about the future.. we got to the part where we discussed how many kids we would like to have
when we have our own family.. some said that they don't want a lot, a few will do, while some wanted a big family.. one that sticks to my mind is this small-sized girl who wanted to have 20 kids.. she said she wanted to have one each year for the first 20 years.. it sounds silly and we were all hysterically laughing at what we thought was her exaggerated number.. slowly one by one we stopped laughing as we realised that she was actually serious.. it was hard to believe that she wanted a big family since she is the only child, but she revealed to us her future fantasy.. she said she wanted a big family, with enough boys to form their own soccer team, and enough girls so that they could help her take care of the household chores.. we interrupted her occasionally asking her questions on how she would feed and care for her kids, she said that in terms of responsibilities, she will discipline her kids such that they will be more or less self sufficient and be able to help each other.. then in terms of feeding them, she'll have maids to help her initially and thing'll be like a boarding school and they will eat together and stuff.. and then her family will each have 20 kids each and the next generation will open up their own business and professions and stuff and after a while after generations and generations, there will be so many of her offsprings that people will trace things back to her.. we were all flabbergasted after listening to her explanation.. [wow..]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home