BabB|e|iCiOUs

A message to myself..that's exactly what this is.. My own little niche in life..

Monday, April 21, 2003

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAREST NORA, MY SISTA


"Amir, Noris, Nora.. mari turun bawah minum teh.. mama dah masak cokodok.."

"Jap maa... nak tukar baju jap" I said as I changed from my baju kurung as we just came back from mengaji at our neighbours house. Every evening we would learn to recite the 'muqadam' with Tok Nenek 5 houses down from ours. This was before Masjid Al-Ikhlas was built.

"OK mama.. Nora nak simpan buku jap" yelled my sister from our library on the second floor.. Abang was probably still outside putting his bike away..
I ran down the flight of stairs just as any hyper 5 year old would.. then my speed was slowed at the sight of Nora coming out of the library at the top of the stairs, a mischevious thought ran through my mind..

"Nora nak gih mana?"

"Nak turun..Mama panggil"

"Tuh Mama Noris laaa "

She looked shocked, "Mama Nora lah"

"Mana ada, siapa kata? Dia ialah Mama Noris masa Nora takder dulu.. siapa bagi Mama kat Nora?"

"Huh.. apa nih Kak Nor?" A frown developed on her cute little face.. she looked confused, my granma had taken care of Nora when we went to Birmingham while Abah did his masters, we have been separated for two years two years before.. she stared at me..

I tried to keep my face straight but after a while this 4 year old looked uttery confused and I couldn't carry on anymore.. I hugged her before she started bawling.. "Apa lah Nora nih.. Mama Noris pun mestilah Mama Nora gak.." I smiled and took her hand in mine.. we walked together down the stairs to the dining table..


*******************************************************************************************

I'm working on the Photo Journal project.. but right now I'm updating the Walt Disney World photo journal.. it's almost done.. take a look and gimme your comment...
Enjoy...

Oh yeah, I talked to abah today.. that silver award that he won last week was from the 31st Geneva International Invention and Exposition.. I congratulated him and told him that he's an intelligent scientist.. he corrected me" Not a scientist.. an inventor" we laughed...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home