BabB|e|iCiOUs

A message to myself..that's exactly what this is.. My own little niche in life..

Thursday, January 17, 2002

I was scheduled to work yesterday from 11am to 2:30pm, then my mentor, Amy, sent me an email afew days back and told me that she wants to see me for lunch on Tuesday before she goes on her trip to Egypt on the 24th for 10 days.. so I called Toni up on Sunday and asked her if she could fill in for me for 3 hours. It turns out that Toni has to sent her roommate to the airport at noon. So the other alternative was to call my supervisor, Phillip. I called him up and it turns out that he will be in the office on tuesday morning anyway. So he will fill in for me. On one condition, I had to fill in his Thursday morning's shift (5.45 am to 3pm.) So I agreed thinking that I really wanted to see Amy. Then as soon as I put the phone down I realised that I am scheduled to work from 3 to 8 on Thursday.. thinking that it was the only option I have, I guess I'll be working for the full day for once. I sent an email to Amy to confirm the date and time. Then she wrote back a day later to tell me that she has a meeting that afternoon and could only see me on the 22nd. So I had nothing to do on Tuesday.
Sasha had to go to work at 3 to 10.. Tom came to ask me to teach him some maths so that he could be ready for the ADVAC exam that he needs to take in order to join the Air Force. Personally I don't think he should go but he says taht he has nothing else to do. He hates his job now, even though he is self employed in a painting business. So he wants to try something new. Nevertheless, he is still unsure about this too.. Bazli also came to hang out for a few hours yesterday cause he was bored of staying at home while all his roommates are out. He came to see me last week but I was in Florida at the time. He has a favor to ask of me. Anyway, the day was not a total lost cause Sasha and I cleared up the house a bit more. The day before that we took some old clothes and stuff to Goodwill cause nobody else wants them. So the house is cleared up a little except for some big boxes which we need to throw into the storage room.

At six that night, I joined Suraya, Anas,Mamat, Fazrul, Adha, Azwan and Kucheng to go to the Target Center to watch a basketball of the Minnesotan Timberwolves against the LA Clippers. Minnesota won once again 97-83 . We took the bus and got there at around 7, the game had already started. We sat way at the top, but we could still see the game down below. It was a good game. We were leading all the way. Anas seems to be happy to see the cheerleaders during the half time. The game ended at around 9.30pm. There was two couples sitting in front of us betting that the score will go over 100 points but it didn't.. so the girl infront of me was playfully beating up her bf in frustration. It was funny to see them act that way. We made our way to the main arena and Fazrul was taking pictures. Mamat seems to have a thing going on and he keeps reminding us all that Fazrul is the most eligible bachelor at the moment. We could see that he was shy but he didn't turn beetroot red like Rafique did before. At around 10 we went out and went to a Pizza and Sub. Mamat was throwing snow at me on the way there. I managed to dump a little snow on his head too, but I didn't do that for long cause I didn't have my gloves on and I don't want my fingers to turn purple like it always does when I'm cold. Azwan treated us all to a 20" seafood pizza, and I made Mamat pay for my drinks. Serves him right for shoving snow at me. :) We waited for the bus home. It was really cold and windy at 11pm. Snow had started falling again last monday. We stopped over at Mamat's house first as we took off from the bus and waited for Suraya to come back from Hollywood Video Rentals with Anas. She wanted to stay and watch Scary Movie 2 at first but changed her mind later when she realised that Fazrul, who's agreed to sending us home, didn't wanna stay that long. We were later joined by Kamal. Fazrul and his roommates went to Kucheng's apartment. They also wanted to see Zulfaa who just got back from Malaysia a few days back. So Suraya and I went to meet them there, we finally went home at around 11:30pm. Sasha was baking some cookies and the livingroom was only lit by the light from her candle lights.. it was a really good night. I haven't gone out with them for a long time..

ON a different note, I'm suppose to start work at noon today, but Toni called and asked me to come in a little early like 11 or something cause she's really sick. So I agreed to help her out a little. Phillip also called me up to ask what time I'll be getting here cause this is his last day working here. He and his wife are moving to their new house in Mihigan. So he wants to leave as soon as possible. I came about 5 minutes past 11 and he was already gone. So I went to get the Cashier's office keys at the equiptment room and got in. Phillip has left me alot of work to do this time to fill in the 9 hours that I'll be working today. Monday's shift was really busy since this is the first week for the new locker and membership sales. So I think today will be just equally busy. I was very tired when I got back from work on Monday. But that was just 6 hours. So today I shudder to think of the busy work load. The Aquatic Center had sent up a pile of deposits from Swimming classes that I have to ring up. Then I have a big stack of membership forms to alphabetisize and file, 150 locker cards to stamp and also about 20 annual/ alumni renewals reminder to put address on and sent it up to Kristi to be sent immediately. I had to get all that done and to top it off I have to pay attention to the customer's needs, and answer the phone calls. Today will be a hectic day for me stuck in this little cubicle. What really sucks is that they're doing a little renovation to expand the deli and the construction is noisy, which means that I have to speak up and sometimes repeat myself two or three times, and smelly..



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home