BabB|e|iCiOUs

A message to myself..that's exactly what this is.. My own little niche in life..

Monday, February 11, 2002

Miraculously I am an hour early for work today.. that has never ever happened before.. usually[actually almost all the time] I would be 5 minutes late at work .. this is usually due to the fact that I always depart from my apartment 5 minutes before work should’ve started. Rather than getting an earlier start.. this procrastination has become a little of a bad habit that I just can’t chisel out.. well nobody’s perfect..
So anyway here I am, with one extra hour to waste.. I have my homework with me and I had just organized myself by punching holes in my old homework and handouts, arranging it all neatly in my navy blue folder that somebody passed down to me.. I have never actually bought my own brand new folder ever since I got here [that’s excluding those paper pocket binder thingies.. ] I think I got this blue folder from kak Aziah.. just before she left last august, she dropped over at my house and gave me all her ChEn notes [which I have found to be very useful.. in my last lab report I got the full 100%, which is something I am trying to maintain ..you know how every semester you always plan to have excell in at least one subject especially if things don’t look so dandy.. well this semester, though I do hope that I can excell in all my class.. I shall try to make sure that my lab reports are always ‘crème de la crème’..] anyway.. kak Aziah had given me some extra folders that I am now recycling.. before that Hakim was giving me his folders just before he left to go to Malaysia… kak Ija also left me quite a few things before she went.. which is very generous of her..

Anyway.. I know I have planned to update this blog regularly and that has somewhat been an empty promise.. but the truth is I have been rather busy with sorting out the real life out there.. then there’s always the homework and assignments.. I was lacking sleep last week and on Wednesday, I had a terrible headache and felt really I’ll..luckily I finished class at 1 that day.. we[ me, Jin, Fajarrani and Joe] went out to have lunch together at Hong Kong Wok [which just reopened due to some minor reconstruction].. and then we all went back to the ChEn lounge and tried to complete our Heat homework together.. everything was done at around 5 so I went home and just couldn’t do anything.. I was so exhausted that I couldn’t even wake up from my little nap.. I woke up a few hours later to eat and was hoping to get some other things done but I had a cracking headache .. so I took some medicine and continued sleeping all the way til 7 the next day.. that was like a 12 hour sleep all together.. but it does make me feel a lot better.. next week we will start having midterms starting with my Organic lab on Tuesday and an Analytical Lab midterm on Friday…

Last Friday was Phillips last day at work.. we had a party for him on Thursday afternoon.. Unluckily I was working at the time but I nipped over to Cooke Hall to get some food and drinks.. Phillip came back later and brought me some cake.. Phillip is being replaced by another lady called Sarah..[who kinda looked a little like Phillip… shape wise] She’s nice.

Talking about celebrations.. it was Sasha’s birthday on the 6th.. which also happens to be the same day that Kak Zee and Abang ghazali was going back to Malaysia.. along with kak Suriati and her 2 kids.. I gave Sasha a new watch and some valentine candles.. I didn’t know that she needed a watch but when she opened the box she was so happy to have received a watch because she actually needed one very much.. I am glad that she liked me.. she couldn’t stop talking about it.. like yesterday we were on our way to the gym and she looked at her watch to see the time and she smiled to me and said how much she likes it repeatedly.. “I’ll never be late again” she kept saying day by day.. I am really thrilled that she likes it.. it’s one thing to give gifts , but the real joy is knowing that the receiver really likes it.. it was also Aisyah, my sister’s bithday this month [on the 8th] I gave her some of my holiday pictures through mail.. I have some other gifts for her but I never post gifts through the mail.. so I didn’t plan to do that this time too.. they understand though, which is why they are always so excited to hear about me coming back on a holiday.. cause I always bring back gifts.. hehhe..

Right now, I have 3 printers at home.. we tried to hook it up on my computer but they were all incompatible with my Window XP,and the ones that did had the dry ink problem.. so Sasha and I have decided to sell the ones we have and just buy a new printer [I have a 100 dollar gift card from best buy, so buying a new printer there woiuld just be the same as getting a new one for free] Actually i‘m not planning to sell the printer kak ija left me, cause we could hook it up to Sasha’s computer instead.

What I really need is a new pair of shoes..but I think I’ll get one once I have all this tax refund thing sorted out ..

The winter Olympics have begun on the 8th of February in Salt Lake City.. we saw the opening ceremony.. personally I don’t think that it was appropriate for the American to drag in the flag from the rubbles of the 11th of September attack .. what is the significance of that.. then the show was rather long and boring.. I can still remember the last summer Olympics opening.. and the ones years before that too.. why does it seem so much better.. even Sasha and her boyfriend says that too…at home we are supporting the Russian team.. [we thought that the Americans have enough supporters already.. hehhe] .. we watched part of the figure skating last night.. Marcel and Wira came over and tried Sasha little meat dish and then we went to buy groceries together.. I think we were stocking up for the whole semester or something.. we bought a lot of stuff.. and of course I bought my all time favourite pineapple too… Surprisingly, Sasha likes them too..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home