BabB|e|iCiOUs

A message to myself..that's exactly what this is.. My own little niche in life..

Thursday, June 19, 2003

Opps, I did it again..
I didn't mean to be away for such a long time, but along with the appearance of summer comes the undeniable yearning to laze about and just let yourself catch the lazy bug.. that's not to say that the events of the past month have been neither dull nor dormant.. actually its been quite fun and memorable..

In summary, some of the interesting events of the past month are:
- the graduation ceremony for the class of 2003
[where my cousin drove 14 hours straight from Fremont, Ohio with his wife and kid to share the happy moment with me - even though his father in-law had just passed away two days before that - and so I've decided to return the visit in August right after summer session.]
-the end of Spring semester
[With this semester being the last college semester for most of the students here, it dawns on me that I might never see some of my dear coursemates ever again so the gang and I decided to celebrate so we - Fajarrani, Qamar, Vikesh, Joe, Jin and Dominique - planned an outing to a pizza hangout called PizzaLuci which according to Fajarrani is one of the best places to eat pizza in Minneapolis.. later we went to watch the premier show for Matrix Reloaded a day before its officially out, the theatre was filled and they had to open up an additional 3 theatres so that most of us are not separated in the theatre. I found out that there's a virtual NASCAR racing track in the mall]
- the return of Adam to Minneapolis
[he initially wanted to come for the graduation ceremony but could only make it a week later due to his busy work schedule so he stayed just a little bit longer this time to compensate, which is just as well cause his mum had an eye surgery done just about that time too]
- the Midwest Games in Purdue
[once again the midwest Games was hosted in Purdue University.. our indoor soccer team made it through to the quarter final.. it was nice to meet up with all the gals and guys who I've almost lost in touch with through these last few years.. also had the chance to make some new friends.. This gathering surely makes us feel closer to each other.. On the final night I performed the traditional Malay dance along with the others, I've never really ever performed Malay dance before in my entire life.. so it was quite an experience, the main thing is that we had fun right?.. UofMn returned home with the a gold medal for the co-ed volleyball and a silver medal for the womens' tennis double]
- research with Prof. Buhlmann begins
[I'm working on experiments to figure out whether the use of perfluorinated sensing membranes could suppress extractions of lipids for ionophore-based chemical sensors.. yeah, I know it's a mouthful.. which makes it unbelievably hard for me to explain what I'm wasting my summer on to regular and normal "Chemistry illiterate" friends and family I have out there.. but that's okay long as we're all happy]
- Joe and Angel's wedding
This weekend me, Jin, Fajarrani, Vikesh and Qamar will be attending Joe's wedding in North Dakota on Saturday.. we'll be sleeping over a night over there and after this we will be heading on our own ways.. Fajarrani is still looking for a permanent job so that she doesn't have to go back to Indonesia, she'll be moving to Chicago to be with his brother's family after Joe's wedding ceremony.. Qamar has just been accepted as a Canadian citizen, so he won't be going back to Pakistan and might be moving to Canada if he can't find a job here.. Joe has moved home to North Dakota to be with his wife and start his earnings as an engineer, Vikesh is looking into grad studies either in America or in India, Jin is moving to Nebraska or something to do his masters just so that he doesn't have to go back to Korea. Job wise it's not really that pretty out there.. *sigh*
-baby fish in the tank
three different female fishes have been laying eggs in the past and their babies have survived.. makes you wanna think of NEmo , doesn't it.. hehhe.. I got a pair of white albino-like fish - can't really remmeber their real spesis names- so I named them Angelica and Angel.. cute.. can't wait for more babies..

Honestly, I'm pretty much still lazy when it comes to actually doing something useful with my time but the constant naggings from my parents and high expectations of my dearest darling family is putting me on the spot to actually pick myself up and get in gear and start moving forward.. everywhere I go everyone is asking me about my future plans and I don't have a sturdy solid answer to give.. I want to stay and just carry on to get my doctorate but at the same time I don't know if I want to get a job as a lecturer like my dad.. I want a 9-5 job that makes big bucks- God knows I have expensive taste - but I'm so lazy that the only way I figured everything would fall in nicely is if I could get the cash flowing without doing anything..hehhe.. pretty much impossible.. I know.. I guess free rides just don't come along everyday

OK enough of all this chit chat.. thanks to those who sends me personal messages to ask me if I'm ok and when I'm updating again.. time is moving with or without me..

later alligator..

p/s: I've updated the photo album of the trip to California but it's not 100 complete yet.. still no notes.. just pictures.. but with that said, i still need to scan some more pictures too..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home