BabB|e|iCiOUs

A message to myself..that's exactly what this is.. My own little niche in life..

Saturday, August 30, 2003

ISN'T THIS JUST WHERE WE MET?

After work I went to my new apartment and felt completely out of place.. I miss my old apartment!!!
I want my spacious room and the luxury of having the whole place for myself where I'm free to do anything.. like putting my dirty laundry straight in the washing machine even though I know I won't turn it on until it's full to its rim, make a mess, have guests stay overnight, and have slumber parties with my fav. gals, turn up the music at 2 in the morning cause that's when I feel like waking up, sing my heart out in the shower, clean up only for myself (and not washing anyone else's dirty plates cause their mum never made them clean up, spoiled brat! ) and just be myself..

Tomorrow my housemates will be moving in, so tonight is my night of independence..
I shall not sleep!
I shall turn the music up (cause the neighbours are not in too)!
I shall clean up my mess and completely redecorate my new walls!
For tomorrow will come sooner than I want it to..

Moving makes you realise how much you have.. and I have a lot to give away...
Soon I'll be moving out for good.. so I need to sort out stuff to sell, stuff to give away and stuff to throw out. Sometimes I feel like I am a sentimental item collector, I keep everything.. I still have my exam papers from my calc. I class in PPP, my scratch papers from all those nights studying in the library and the small formula note cards that I'd stick on the walls of my study place (I'm sure my ex-roommates still remembers those).. I was telling WeiLin to have a wall of wisdom the other day when I went to visit her in her new room (which I'm very jealous off at this moment), so that whenever someone calls to ask for a formula she's look up and just read it out and make it seem like she had memorized it.. that would surely score some extra 'sucking-up' points with the TA's...hehhe

By the way, HAPPY 21st BIRTHDAY WEILIN... We called her up at midnight and sang her a birthday tune, she later gave us the full complete version of "Where is the love?" by the Black Eyed Peas ft. Justin Timberlake which we had been trying to get for a while now.. so we love her extra for that! Nad n I went out today and bought her something from Marshall Field's and tomorrow we're going out to eat lunch together.. yesterday we already baked a marble cake with her as we were waiting to watch the VMA awards..(the one where Madonna was snogging Miss Spears and Christina A, eeewww)

Anyway, talking about music.. the song below has been my choice of song for our not-so-east-coast trip... I'd have to talk about it later.. I had a lot of fun though; we went to Washington DC, Pennsylvania (Philadelphia + Pittsburgh), Ohio and Chicago (Mexico Little Village).

Josie And The Pussycats ~ You Don't See Me

This is the place where I sit
This is the part where
I love you too much
Is this as hard as it gets?
'Cause I'm getting tired
Of pretending I'm tough
I'm here if you want me
I'm yours, you can hold me
I'm empty and taken and
Tumbling and breakin'
'Cause you don't see me
And you don't need me
And you don't love me
The way I wish you would
The way I know you could

I dream of worlds
Where you'd understand
And I dream a
Million sleepless nights
I dream of fire when
You're touching my hand
But it twists into smoke
When I turn on the light
I'm speechless and faded
It's too complicated
Is this how the book ends,
Nothing but good friends?

'Cause you don't see me
And you don't need me
And you don't love me
The way I wish you would

This is the place in my heart
This is the place where
I'm falling apart
Isn't this just where we met?
And is this the last chance
That I'll ever get?
I wish I was lonely
Instead of just only
Crystal and see - through
And not enough to you

'Cause you don't see me
And you don't need me
And you don't love me
The way I wish you would

'Cause you don't see me
And you don't need me
And you don't love me
The way I wish you would
The way I know you could


I know Fazdlee would have considered a different song to associate this trip with.. but I kept repeating this song in my mind..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home