BabB|e|iCiOUs

A message to myself..that's exactly what this is.. My own little niche in life..

Tuesday, September 30, 2003

My Kind Of Girlby Brian McKnight ft. N'SYNC

When I was younger never went to far
Held my feelings and never even wanted to start
so when i met you, I didnt know
what you were gonna do with my heart

When you talk (I cling on every word you say)
when you move (Just like a breeze on a summer day)
when you smile (the sky turns from grey to blue, thats what you do)
And your the kind of girl I think of
and your the kind of girl I dream about
my heart is telling me that I need you in my world (in my world)
cause you're my kind of lady (you're my kind of girl)

When I'm not with you, where ever you are
baby I'm counting the moments till I'm back in your arms
all I want is to have you here with me
every night and every day,

when you talk (I cling on every word you say)
when you move (Just like a breeze on a summer day)
when you smile (the sky turns from grey to blue, thats what you do)
And your the kind of girl I think of
and your the kind of girl I dream about
my heart is telling me that I need you in my world (in my world)
cause you're my kind of lady (you're my kind of girl)

Baby girl I need you here by my side
and if your there everything will be alright
cause this is the time for us, baby be mine

And your the kind of girl I think of
and your the kind of girl I dream about
my heart is telling me that I need you in my world (in my world)
cause you my kind of lady (your my kind of girl)


********************************************************

Last week I met Laila at work and she asked me if I wanted to come to the Chemistry party on TUesday, I thought it was informal and initially planned to skip it cause I have lab on Tuesday evenings until around 6pm, but today at work I found out that Prof. Buhlmann (Phil) had sent me a personal email inviting me to come.

Hi Noris,

Tomorrow is the open house during which our group presents itself to the new first year graduate students. Please join us; your attendance is important.

I will present in the 15 min a brief overview of what everybody in the group is doing and would like to introduce you, which is evidently not possible if you do not attend.

Tuesday, 9/30 4:30 - 5:15 - Presentation 4:45 - 5:00 - 221 Smith Hall

Food and drinks provided.

If you like, please join us afterwards for free dinner.

Phil
--


Suddenly I felt like an important person, Phil seems to make it seem like he really wanted me to stay and work with him in this research. Today, while I was checking the result of my experiment from last Saturday he kept asking me if I'm going to make it to tomorrow's meeting. What seems to be even more weird is the fact that I am starting to receive emails which belongs to the Department of Analytical Chemistry faculty and staff mailing list. Now, in these times of unfamiliar open ended future, I really wish I could stay after this year. Everywhere I go everyone is asking me about what I'm doing next year.. Argghhh..

The more I think about it, I do want to move on but the scary part is actually moving on..
I can feel the clock ticking..
3 months, and counting down..
that's less than 100 days to go before I'll be released into the REAL world..

Anyway, while I was waiting for my TLC analysis to complete, I surfed on the web in the lab. I went to a blogspot which I haven't been to in a really long time, and to my surprise I saw a picture on me taken over two years ago and a detailed description of the accounts of an outing which I had participated in, about 27 months prior to today, with the author of the online journal. I'm not certain if he was talking about me, though the events described seems vaguely familiar to the events of that particular day. However, looking back.. if he was refering to me, I would think that his present view about the outing is partly fictional based on his somewhat 'shy' approach of describing the trip to the mall on his entry over 2 years ago titled The Dragon Lady and the world after the Mall Incident and dated (5/23/2001).. All in all, his main purpose is [probably] purely entertainment.. but I'm starting to wonder, am I "a funny girl or a fun girl?"





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home