BabB|e|iCiOUs

A message to myself..that's exactly what this is.. My own little niche in life..

Monday, September 22, 2003

If I'm smart then I'll run away
But I'm not so I guess I'll stay
Heaven forbid
I'll take my chance on a beautiful stranger

~"Beautiful stranger... " by Madonna



It seems that recently, I'm always starting out my blog by saying how I've wanted to write an entry but just kept putting it off.. well here's another entry just like that.. so many things have happened, but at the same time so many distractions keeping me away from pouring my heart out on this thing..

As you might have noticed, I don't usually write about my personal events relating to my emotions and love life, and I'm not going to take this opportunity to start going into details.. but those dear to me would know that something crazy is going on and though everything on the surface everything seems calm and cool, I'm just trying my best to be just that. To stop myself from thinking to much of it I'm just drowning myself in my studies and just hanging out with my friends.. It's too new to tell and i'm just gonna stop there (to stop myself from thinking about it furthermore)

Anyway, it's Sunday.. and surprisingly I'm at work!! once again filling in on somebody else's shift. Last week Colin, new guy from work, went home to see his grandparents and when he came back he gave a bunch of us a jar of honey(they had a bee hive and he went there to help his grand dad extract the honey), so now every morning I'm starting my day with a toast and honey, which is soo delicious.. anyway, this week he's going out of town and he called me to ask me to fill in for him.. and since I haven't really continued my research job yet.. I have some extra hours on my time card so I agreed with him.. however, I only realized later on that I'd be missing the Emmy Awards tonight if I took the night shift, so I swapped shift with Chad (who is currently on probation for 3 months 'cause he turn up to work intoxicated last weekend).. so here I am.. gonna be staying here til 5pm, and so I've brought sufficient reading materials which I really hope to complete 'cause next week I'm gonna start having midterms, and there's a draft lab report due on tuesday.

A big shoutout goes to the hosts of yesterday's BBQ.. THANKS for the great time. Right after the the bbq, I went to my joget dance practice.. we were starting to choreograph the moves for the cultural performance that MAPHILINDOS (Malaysian, Philipines, Indonesians & Singaporeans Association) is hosting this November.. This time, our dance will include both girls and boys and I have a feeling that if everyone is committed to it, we will have a really fun time doing.. every Saturday we'll be practising this dance until everything is going smoothly. Other dances will include a Lilin Dance, Iban Dance and also Dikir Barat..

The weather outside is getting a little frisky and I'm starting to get the winter coats out.. The Hurricane Isabel in the east coast had got me all worried, especially cause Jin is in North Carolina right now. Fortunately, I had a chance to contact him a day right after the hurricane and he told me that he is safe and that everything is ok for him. We're so happy to hear from each other again. He might be coming back to Minneapolis to study a little bit more or something like that. I'm not so surprise cause his fiance is still here. On the other hand, Fajarrani is still in town fanatically searching for a job. Dominique is also on campus starting her PhD in some biochem stuff.

Back home, my ex-classmates from MRSM and I are all planning to have a reunion as soon as I'm back home. I told them that maybe we could all have a reunion on my birthday and then the girls could stay over for a slumber party. BUt then the boys says that they don't wanna be left out so they planned that we meet at my house then go to Genting Highlands together for the weekend or something.. Kord has been trying to get everyone together for the past 3 months and right now we have 3/4 of the class corresponding together everyday though email just catching up on past events from since the last time we all met, which was graduation night half a decade ago. As expected some have already got a job, one got married and had a child, most have their special someone, some is still searching, some went to grad school etc.. Basically we're just helping each other trying to get a job and just talking about future plans..

Anyway, I'll stop for now.. there's so much to do and I have so little time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home