BabB|e|iCiOUs

A message to myself..that's exactly what this is.. My own little niche in life..

Tuesday, September 23, 2003

It's not the pale moon that excites me
That thrills and delights me, oh no
It's just the nearness of you

It isn't your sweet conversation
That brings this sensation, oh no
It's just the nearness of you

~"THE NEARNESS OF YOU" BY Norah Jones

It's been a crazy day and the night is not over yet.. I feel like I have a million things to do, this preliminary lab report is not done yet, I've been spending too much time revising and rewriting my lab notebook. I was hoping that this sem would be easy, but it guess there's the peak to everything, and I feel like I need to go the distance tonight just to catch up with things. Phil (research Professor, .. yeah we're on first name basis nowadays) will be back from his conference tomorrow and I promised him that I'd stop by to discuss my future plans in terms of the progress of this 'perfluoroalkane ionic sensing membrane' research that I'm working on right now. There's a new boy called Peter also working on this research right now, cause Doug is no longer continuing with us. To add to all that, I also have 2 chapters to read for my mythology class.. and I'll have a quiz on that at noon too..

I had a good head start this morning, I woke up at 4 and somehow right after I took my shower I felt really hyper, which is really weird considering how early it is and that i didn't consume any caffeine [or anything at all for that matter]. I felt like going for a run but it was way too early so I popped in Kristi, one of my blond-all-American-housemate's, 20 minute workout tape and started moving about [frantically].. when that was done, I freshened up and it wasn't even subuh yet.. so I called my mum and talked to her for an hour or so..

Aisyah will be having her PMR on the 6th of October, she's pretty calm about the whole thing... She even said that she's ready, but I told her to keep flipping those notes, just in case. She could most likely out-score my past result [she should, considering she had 3 years to get ready for it while I crammed all that into one year..] To motivate her further I promised to buy her a new PS2 if she gets all A's. I talked with mum about Tok, Abah, Abang, Nora and Husna. Told her about our planned class reunion,.. she suggested that we plan it properly in advance and then she could reserve a chalet for us at Port Dickson, or something, using our TANCO points. I told my classmates, they got all excited [except for the one stuck in Japan and wouldn't be back until March]..

my mum was reminding me to make sure I have qada' all my fasting days.. which I have already done earlier, but I told her that I might start fasting again soon cause it's Rejab right now and fasting during the 3 months before Syawal is encouraged, then I told her about a boy who almost fasts everyday here in Minnesota. I was so amazed when he told me that he had been fasting so regularly, even my mum was astounded.. somehow I couln't elp feeling a little guilty that I haven't already done that and that this young boy is setting an example to someone older like me... it's kind of given me something to think about... I want to try to do that too...I should do that..

Then right after I finished talking to mum, I got a surprise long distance call from that certain someone.. he wasn't suppose to call me cause we had already talked and discussed our priorities the night before.. but the call had made my day none the less.. and so I smiled all the way to work :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home