BabB|e|iCiOUs

A message to myself..that's exactly what this is.. My own little niche in life..

Monday, August 13, 2001

FRESHMAN ATTACK
Yes..the new Malaysian students are here..they arrived on the 10th at 6.48pm on Continental Airlines at counter E7..they were delayed about an hour [which is a norm]..but Aza, Bahi (a final year student from CMU), Lock, Awin and I waited for them nevertheless.. just two hours before the juniors arrived, two of our seniors left to return back to Malaysia at counter E14..Between that time we sat eating at Burger King..I was hungry cause I haven't had lunch, turns out that everyone was starving..heheh..we started loitering about as we were waiting..Awin bought some jet models from Discovery Channel store,while Bahi looked around in the Tie Rack which was having a sale.

The information board says that the flight from NEWARK will be landing on section E1..but it turns out that the juniors arrived at E7.. I was surprised at how all 9 of these younger students look so much older and matured than me..I mean they look like someone's parents.. there was 3 girls and 6 boys..We moved on to the baggage claim section downstairs and realised that one of thegirls' bags are missing..we filed a complain and went home.. the girls stayed at my house while they find somewhere to stay while the boys divided up and stayed at Amilin's and Fathi's house.

Yesterday another 16 students arrived at 10.30 am but I was working at the time so I still haven't had a chance to meet them yet.. Tom came to pick me up after work yesterday and we took the girls that stayed at my house out to a late lunch [at 4pm] then we went to the Mall .. I planned to go groceries shopping because we ran out of vegetables but Tom thought that the girls might wanna go to the mall to get something..since one of the girls lost her luggage.I didn't mind ..so we went anyway...by the time everything was done we arrived home at 10pm.. we were all hungry so I started cooking rice.. then out of the blue I felt like cooking nasi lemak[coconut rice].. so I taught Tom how to cook the rice, which is easy and the girls took over by making the anchovies sauce.. Faizan and Aneesa arrived later from RPI and Purdue..and I thought that they were staying for dinner, so Tom and I went to the store to get cucumber.. but they went out to Amilin's place..so the 5 of us ate (Tom, Aida, Nora, Has and I)..
As we started playing cards.. Fathi called and told me that a group of 5 Purdue students , who are all my friends from ppp, wants to come to my house for a visit..so I told them to come..
At 11.15 they arrived, half an hour later Awin and Marcel came ... it feels as if the house was having a party especially when my roomate and aneesa came back from Amilin's place...
The PARTY ended at 1.30 and soon everyone was getting ready to sleep.. but the new students are too excited to sleep..so I stayed up chatting with them..up until 4 am...when we finally slept.. however, I was surprised at how one of them woke up again at 5.30 and stayed awake all morning...
I guess they are excited to be in America... and that's natural!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home