BabB|e|iCiOUs

A message to myself..that's exactly what this is.. My own little niche in life..

Wednesday, September 05, 2001

Once upon a time in the Kingdom of Heaven, God went missing for six days.
Eventually, Michael the Archangel found him on the seventh day, resting.
He inquired of God, "Where have you been?"
God sighed a deep sigh of satisfaction and proudly pointed downwards through the clouds,"Look Michael, look what I have made."Said God.
Archangel Michael looked puzzled and said, "What is it?"
"It's a planet," replied God' "and I've put life on it, I'm going to call it earth and it's going to be a great place of balance."
"Balance?" inquired Michael, still confused. God explained, pointing to different parts of earth.
"For example, North America will be a place of great opportunity and wealth, while South America is going to be poor. The Middle East over there will be a hot spot and Russia will be a
cold spot. Over there I've placed a continent of white people and over there
is a continent of black people."
God continued pointing to different countries. "This one will be extremely hot and this one extremely cold, and this one covered in ice."
The Archangel, impressed by God's work, then pointed to a small land mass and said, "What's that one?"
"Ah," said God."That's Malaysia, the most glorious place on Earth. There are beautiful lakes, rivers, streams and hills. The people from Malaysia are going to be modest, intelligent and humorous and they're going to be found travelling the world. They'll be extremely sociable, hard-working and high achieving, and they will be known throughout the world as diplomats and carriers of peace."
Michael gasped in wonder and admiration but then proclaimed,"What about balance, God? You said there will be BALANCE!"
God replied wisely," wait until you see the wankers I'm putting next to them. I'm calling them "Singaporeans"! "


This joke was forwarded to me by one of my friends, just a light Malaysian joke which shouldn't be taken seriously. Just like the way British people are not too fond of Americans, Malaysians are sometimes not too fond of the Singaporeans.. but it doesn't mean I'll go around killing Singaporeans or anything..

Well today is the first day of school. 2 of my recitation classes [were cancelled just because we haven't gone to lecture yet], and I came to my other recitation class 15 minutes late..heheh.. I didn't miss anything though, what happened was that I thought the class was cancelled, I knew that Chen4002 [Transport Phenomena] recitation was cancelled but I got it mixed up with Chen4101 [Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics] because I met Che Wan at the computer lab and I started talking about the PChem textbook and he told me his next class was at 12.20 and some of his other classes was cancelled. I assumed that we have the same class and that my next class is at 12.20, but it turns out that my class was at 11.15 instead. I realised this at 11.30 because I was making a time table of my Fall Semester schedules. So I ran to class [and got a blister in the process], the first 15 minutes was just an introductory time when the lecturer and TA talks about office hour and exams.. so I just copied it out of the board. I'm glad I didn't miss anything else.

There's alot of familiar faces in campus today. I met Brian [my summer class study group partner] first, he looked so happy to see me and so was I. We'll have a couple of classes together this sem, so I guess I'll see him around. Then in class I can see Jin and Vikash too, along with some other familiar faces. Lalat was in my recitation too, but he sat on the opposite corner from me.. well I can't really choose where to sit since I came in late, but it was a good thing cause I did join a different crowd and participated in the class discussion with them, thus I can safely say that I made new friends today.

After class I went to the bookstore to but my Fluid Dynamics textbook, I already bought one from half.com, but it just hasn't arrived [I think I'll get it within the next fortnight], so I bought a brand new one from the bookstore knowing that I'll return it for a full refund within the next two week.. then I went to the Registrar Office to pick up my unofficial transcript, I stood in line for about half an hour. I was so tired and bored [and thirsty] by the end of it that I wanted to just go home to my new beautifully arranged apartment, but then I realised that I had left my floppy disc at the computer lab.. so I headed back to Union St Lab and got it.. it's still there.. and so here I am still stuck in the lab 15 minutes later, I bought a drink in the MechE building on my way here.. and I'm drinking it even though there's a NO FOOD sign all over the place.. well you can't really blame me, it's a scorcher outside, I'm roasting in the Sun.

Anyway, I did go out with Marcel, Wira, Amilin and Hasnor on Sunday. We went all over the place but finally stopped at Office Max at 5pm, I bought a new desk for $129.99, it will be shipped tomorrow but nobody's gonna be home tomorrow so I'm gonna tell them to send it on Thursday instead [sometime after 12].. my new roomate moved at around 7 on Sunday. Tom was there to help with the move in [along with alot of other Malaysians too such as the guys I went shopping with, Zulfaa, Pyan, Zul, Aza just to name a few ]. We'll have to cook something nice for them when were all settled down. We started unpacking right away and everything looks so beautiful. I feel that a great burden has been lifted of my chest and I can breathe again. It's as if the 'great witch' has been casted away and home is now my 'paradise'. I'm going to be getting a dining table set from Marcel and with my new desk everything is complete. I'm even hanging lace curtains in my bedroom. Yesterday, Ken Min, Nad & Dia came and they were happy with the transformation too.. the house looks beautiful and clean. I sew the bottom of the frailing couch with my hand.Right now we just need to put the extra boxes in the storage and everything will look right.

Tom moved into his apartment yesterday. Ken Min and I helped him a few times. I even went to his brother's place in Savage [somewhere up north an hour's drive from Minneapolis] and picked up some stuff. The house is massive.. it's beautiful. We were suppose to go to Target again last night because I needed to buy a mop, Ken Min wants to buy a mirror and the two girls [Nad and Dia] wants to exchange some stuff, but we couldn't get the car last night. So I went for a walk with Tom on the bridge instead. I was actually very tired but we went anyway. I went back home at 10 feeling so flushed out..

Anyway, last night another Malaysian student arrived in Minnesota. His name is Anas and he is transfering from Brown [just like my new roommate, Kak Ijah].. this guy is also taking ComScience but he's a sophomore, just like me. So at around 10.30 pm, Pyan, Ram and Anas came to my house so that Anas can talk to Kak Ijah and discuss about the things that he has to do to transfer his credits. Kak Ijah has gone through all this 2 years ago, so she knows best. They left just before midnight and I went straight to bed. I found out this morning that Ram left his cellphone nest to the computer table. I'm sure he'll come and get it today. Che Wan will be coming over to send me his textbook at 4 after his Organic Lab and I have to go to work today from 6 to 11.. I should go home now..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home