BabB|e|iCiOUs

A message to myself..that's exactly what this is.. My own little niche in life..

Tuesday, August 14, 2001

TIRED..
21 juniors arrived yesterday... it was hectic at the airport..all those luggage and tired faces... I took 5 girls back to my.. 3 of us took a cab to my house while the other 2 came with Marcel.. then another 6 girls went straight to their new apartments.. and it's hard for me to manage them and also the girls at my house at the same time..so I just left them there knowing that they will have each other [the boys and also some seniors in the same apartment building].. I found out later that they went to buy groceries with Mizie.. and already cooked and ate..so that's a relief..
Anyway, with the new girls that was with me we just put our bags in the house and went out to eat..
Marcel was there so we all went to Holy Land and ate Gyros, Kebab and Chicken Sandwiches.. By the time we returned we started chatting.. I felt like I was being interviewed..they asked me so many questions about life in America.. Awin called later and asked me if I wanted to join them bowling..so I asked the girls if they wanted to sleep..and they were too tired, that sleeping was the only thing to do..
so I got ready and went out with Awin, Marcel, Wafi, Nadia and Khairi [the last three are new freshmans]..
when we got to the St. Paul StudentsCenter, we found that the bowling ally was closed all week..so the boys played pool..while I just messed about playing arcade games... I'm surprised that I was quite good at plying street fighter.
We stopped by downtown to buy some toffe popcorn and also at the boy's crammed house.. I arrived home at 6.30pm.
I found out that Tom came earlier just 5 minutes ago.. he was probably straight from work.. so I called his house and left a message for him to call me back..everyone was sleeping at the time..I was tempted to join them but didn't.. so I cleaned up the fridge and scrubbed the floor and kitchen.. I was feeling light boned, plus I knew that I wouldn't get a moment to myself like this until they're probably gone next month.

My roommate was out with her boyfriend again..so that ws a great relief..

Tom came around 8pm.. he brought with him food, enough to feed all 10 of us..mineral water, chicken and a big watermelon..we started cutting the watermelon up..the girls were starting to wake up and lining up to use the bathroom.. I baked the chicken and cooked rice.. we also cut up some salads to complete the meal..Tom and I went to rent a videos while we were waiting for the food to be cooked up.. we came back with 'O Brother.. where art thou?' and 'IQ' .. we ate while we watched the movie..
then at midnight, Tom and I went for a drive to show Nadia, Nadirah and Dias the new house that they might move into.. It was a very tiring day.. I went straight to sleep as soon as I got back because Phillipe called me up earlier and told me to open up again on Tuesday.. I wanted to say no but he said that his back is killing him these past few days... So being the nice girl that I am, I said yes..

The alarm went off at 4.30 but I was too tired to wake up.. when I did it was already 6..so I rushed to work..running most of the way.. I'm glad there's no supervisors around..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home