BabB|e|iCiOUs

A message to myself..that's exactly what this is.. My own little niche in life..

Friday, October 26, 2001

An English professor wrote the words, "Woman without her man is nothing."
on the blackboard and directed the students to punctuate it correctly.
The men wrote: "Woman, without her man, is nothing."
The women wrote: "Woman! Without her, man is nothing!"


The Tale of the Lemon Diet Coke
The wind was howling ferociously as I walked out of the Physics building after the review session this evening.. I tried to escape from the cold chills that blows fiercely around me, so I took the tunnel in Moss tower to reach home. I was strolling minding my own business when I saw the vending machine.. feeling rather thirsty, I rummaged through my bag to look for my purse and stumbled upon some coins... Sop there I was standing in from ogf the vending machine trying to decide whetehr I should get a lemonade or a gassy soda when my eyes caught the sight of the new Lemon Diet Coke.. Somehow I felt curious and decided to give it a try.. so I slot the four quarters down the machine and pushed the corresponding button. The bottle tumbled down and I quickly twisted the top and took a sip. The first thing I thought was that the lemon tastes so artificial, like the lemon that's added to dishwashing solution. My forehead wrinkled as I looked at the ingredients of the drink.. and surely enough, as disgusting as it may seem, the thing was polluted with artificial flavorings. I lifted my head up to continue with my regular journey home and there HE was.. sitting on a table in the INSIDE-OUT cafe, looking straight at me, smiling his sweet little smile, flashing those pearly white munchies! Why is he smiling at me like that? He must've been looking at me for a while.. I was momentarily stunned as I gazed back.. I managed a shy litle smile and continued walking.. As I get closer I looked at him again, he still had his eyes on me, still the same smile but this time he lifted him arm as if acknowledging to me that he is saying hi to me.. I responded back with a smile and similar hand gesture, from a distance I could see his lips move giving me a silent Muslim greeting.. I greeted him back in silence and walked away.. In my head, the chorus of Macy Gray's song suddenly pops up:
I try to say good bye and I choke,
try to walk away but I stumbled,
though I try to hide it..
it's clear..
my heart crumbles when you are not here
-Macy Gray 'I try'

I was walking about 5 steps when I realise that I do have something to ask him.. so I turned around and walked straight to him.. he saw me coming and he smiles yet again.. I wish I could freeze his smile in my mind.. we talked for about 2 minutes, I asked him a question, he answered.. said our greetings and so there I go.. [I could swear I was stuttering a bit.. I hope he didn't notice it.. "it's only a crush!" I told myself.. "nothing's gonna happen, besides cross-racial relationships are difficult!.. Did I say 'relationship'? What am I talking about, he doesn't even know my name, does he?!".. ]

**************************************************************************************************************************
Hooray!!!!
I finally received my computer today.. this was the only thing that I could think of as I was walking home from the P.Chem review session.
I am so happy.. !
Soy tan feliz...!
Ich bin so glücklich...!
Je suis si heureux...!
私はとても幸せである。!
我很愉快。!
I walked into my apartment, opened the door and there it was.. 3 boxes stacked one on top of the other with DELL printed on it in blue.. the sight that brings a smile to my face. I took everything aout and started to assemble the desktop with care.. connected it to the power supply and voila! I connected my computer to Kak Ijah's using the hub and we share the same mp3 files and printer. I spent the night exploring my new treasure.[despite the stack of unfinished homework in my bag.]
I went to sleep feeling both content and fulfilled. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home