BabB|e|iCiOUs

A message to myself..that's exactly what this is.. My own little niche in life..

Sunday, November 04, 2001

This week seems to have just breezed past me .. where did my Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday go?
Basically I think I have been busy with all the midterms that have been thrusted over me.. I want to do well, to patch up all the grade slots with something better than what I have achieved in the past. At this point, that is easier said than done.. but then again, Isham did it last year didn't he? I'm sure if I try hard enough, I'll find that I could do it too.. I must admit it is getting harder and harder.
These midterm fevers are acting up my literatiholic, even Kak Ijah noticed that I am absolutely addicted to that game.. whenever I feel that I need a break, I would turn that game on and sit there for about half an hour as I multitask with other small matters [writing checks, organizing my papers into files etc..]
On Thursday, I watched Isham, Mizie, Farah and Kak Ijah's holiday video on my computer.. this is the one where they went around the west coast last year.. I can still remember Isham calling me up to ask me if I want to join them last year because they wanted to go in a five so that the car rental and accomodation cost could be equally divided into 5 instead of four but I have already bought my ticket back to Malaysia for the winter break at the time.. Before that they also invited me to go to Vancouver with them for Thanksgiving or something but I didn't have enough money then.. Watching the home movie has intrigued my interest for travelling once again.. this time I want to go to Florida for the winter break.. I know at least two people who will be going with me.. I think I want to find another 2 people so that we could cut down on the costs.. I'm not going anywhere for Thanksgiving though, just because I want to save some money and catch up on all the academic stuff, who knows maybe I'll even start on my finals prep... I know that I'm definitely going shopping with my roommate this Thanksgiving sale, cause I know for sure that she's piling her shopping list for all the goodies that he's taking back with her for her brother and sister's wedding next year and also some gifts for herself and everyone else back home..She bought a new camera last week..we're gonna be going around campus later today to test it out.. she wants to finish a roll up this week so that she could see if she's satisfied with the camera or not,if not she'll just send it back.. Anyway, this Thanksgiving, I won't be doing much shopping myself though.. [I think I have everything I need..]
There's a 'Harry Potter' craze going around here.. what with all the Halloween stuff going on this week and the movies coming out next week, the radios are blaring promotions for the this novel based movie.. Shrek was out on video and DVD yesterday, I wanted to buy the DVD so that I could watch it on my computer but BLOCKBUSTER didn't sell the DVDs yesterday, so we rented it instead. We also rented Pitch Black.. I haven't seen it yet because last night I went out to watch The One with Tom at the Mall of America.. the new movie with Jet Li in it.. we met lots of other people there too: Marcel, 2 Malay guys [juniors who I have met so many times but yet still have to remember their name].. John, Joann, Tin and Tim and a few other people.. even Tom's brother was there. I think it was ok, a little bit like Matrix. I wasn't planning on going to the movies last night cause I'm saving up my money for something. I was only going to Holy Land to buy some beef and chicken with Tom, but he was so insistent.. well, since he's paying.. we went to Rosedale first but the ticket was sold out there so we went to the Mall.. we got there at around 7.30.. but the next showis at 9.50, so we drove to Cub Food to do my groceries first. I got home at around 11 feeling rather happy that I have all my groceries done for the week.. I'm gonna be busy getting ready for Monday's Fluid Midterm for the rest of the weekend so I don't wanna spend anymore time unnnecessarily.

I found out that Farah's [Pyan's gf] mother passed away by cancer on Thursday..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home