BabB|e|iCiOUs

A message to myself..that's exactly what this is.. My own little niche in life..

Monday, October 22, 2001

I had a wonderful weekend.. especially on Saturday night..

After work on Saturday afternoon I went home and started cooking because I'm having guests over. I sort of promised Tom that I'd have lunch with him but then harrie also wants to have lunch with me.. so I decided to cook for both of them instead. Bear called me and Kak Ijah up to ask if we live close Rafique's house, which is where he is staying at because he wants to walk over here to meet us.. but it's quite far and he might get lost if he's walking on his own so he decided to go to McD instead. [besides meeting us, the main reason he wanted to come over was because he was hungry..hehhe].. I assumed that he'll be coming over with Harrie too later that day for lunch, so I went out with Tom and Otto to buy some more chicken from Holy Land and also some rice from a Chinese store downtown in Nicollet. I also wanted Zack to come and eat over too so that we could go to the dinner together. but he had things to do.. Anyway, I cooked quite alot, expecting 6 people cause I know that Zulfaa is coming too. At the end, it doesn't matter because those four guys finished all the food anyway.. they stayed over a little bit to watch football.. then Aza came over, everyone left and we went to the MSA dinner with the help of Otto. We picked up Zack and Azizi at McD in Dinkytown and went straight to STSC in Otto's black Honda.

When we got there, the first thing we saw was a bunch of Malay freshwoman sitting together on a couple of tables.. I looked at Aza, she looked at me and I think we were thinking of the same thing.. "where do you wanna sit?". We said hello to those Malays that we liked and walked to another table with friends that were familiar to us.. Aza and I sat on a table with Turkish and Pakistanian ladies and we soon became friends..I already knew the Turkish lady cause she always calls our house totalk to my roommate about their homeworks.. plus I sat next to her is the Halaqa' that I went to a few weeks back.. I'm so glad that everyone acts more maturedly [compared to last year when I went to events that only consisted of Malays and spent the whole night listening to Miss-Confused-Stage-Exaggerator practically screaming out the fact that she's craving attention, *shut your trap!*] ... Anyway, we ate middle eastern food (such as rice, lamb, chicken, beef kima, pita bread, salad etc) and listened to the MSA committe members' speeches.. then they started messing about for a while doing '3rd year freshman jokes' but it was ok nevertheless.. At around 9 something people are starting to leave.. some stayed to pray but shortly after that they left to catch the Campus Connector bus or something. We wanted to leave too at first but we were talking too gregariously with the Pakistanian, Egyptian and Turkish friends that we decided to stay.. we chatted and talked and laughed and before we knew it.. it was almost 11 pm.. so we finally left taking with us the extra Baklava, Coke and Chicken.. Aza and I went home in Romineh's car after we dropped off Aishenania.

I thought the night went well, not only did I get to see someone that I've been wanting to see [*wink, wink*], I made new friends, then when I got home I received two letters that made me even more happy.. the first letter was from Japan.. it's a wooden jigsaw postcard from Universal Studio Japan from Fahdli, and the second letter was from the Alumni Mentor Program telling me that they have matched me up with a Mentor for the next six months [until April next year].. the good thing was that this lady is also a chemical engineer who's interests are familiar to mine. I will be seeing her on 13th of November.. I can't wait! Then to make things better, Kak Ijah told me that the Seattle Mariners won the Saturday game with a really big gap in score.. [they lost Sunday's game though..]

Yesterday was a relaxing day.. cause I spent the day doing homework, laundry and just cleaning up.. I had lunch at Village Wok with some friends.. we had lobsters and scallop fish with rice. Then later that night Kak Zee hang out with us again .. we just watched baseball though.

Today while I was walking to class, I met Alif and we started talking about recent events.. then just before we left to go on our own ways, he asked me to go to the movies this weekend with him and some other friends.. so I said ok..When I got to class, Fajar told me that she's got passes to go to see the premier screening of K-Pax for free and she asks me if I wanna go with the others.. but it's tomorrow night and I have to work.. so I have to pass it this time.. maybe next time.
Then after the fluids class I saw Haz and she told me that her dad is going to be arriving in Minnesota tonight.. I might help her go to the airport.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home