BabB|e|iCiOUs

A message to myself..that's exactly what this is.. My own little niche in life..

Friday, December 27, 2002

Nobody's right till somebody's wrong.
Nobody's weak till somebody's strong.
No one gets lucky till luck comes along.
Nobody's lonely till somebody's gone.

~Eric Clapton

You never know what you have until..... you pack and move.

I was packing my belongings last night and I was overwhelmed at how much stuff I have.. I know I haven't moved in three years but it's shocking to see the things I have [it must've cumulated over the years]. Me moving is like music to Pyan's ears... he has been telling me to move since the others starts moving cause he wanted to be the only one to stay in the same house for the whole 4 years.. I'm sure he also knows that his present roommates haven't exactly moved too..

I spent the whole evening packing and I only covered the kitchen, the restroom and part of my bedroom. I feel like I never need to buy anything else for as long as I'm in the States. I found stuff from my old roommates and even people who are not my roommates. I remember advertising these stuff and telling the owner(s) to come and pick it up, but it's been more than a year now and with this lack of replies.. I've decided to consider these goods as junk.. [tough $#*t!]... I also found a packet of Miracle-Gro which Kak Ija bought when she gave me a plant last year, so I've decided to buy a plant to put by the window sill next to my bed... Oh yeah, and my new housemates also have a fish, it's "ikan laga", I know cause we have it at home in PJ.. it's exactly the same small fish but she took it home over the break... I'll buy the plant after I come back from Ohio.. [I'm kinda excited, surprisingly]

My supervisor from work, Sarah has agreed to let me borrow her truck tomorrow morning.. so I'll donate the beds, wardrobe, tables and other stuff to Siti and the geng tomorrow morning. I'll need some men power though. Zaki offered to help yesterday but I can't reach him today [typical!] I kinda feel scared to ask for help from people that I'm not used to, I hope they don't mind. Fazrul and the geng hopefully will help me tonight. I want to move some small stuff tonight before Angie, my new roommate, comes back tomorrow. I have to disassemble my study table and pack my books and files. I also need to give away a lot of stuff... I'll definitely give it to those who help [if they want it, of course] Nadia also has her stuff in my house but she's planning to sell it, I don't know who to though.. She's also moving today with Nad, to an apartment 2 rooms next to mine on the third floor...

Mega and some other girls from Wisconsin will be coming here tomorrow night... seems like everyone is travelling right now.. I was talking to some friends in Wisconsin yesterday.. first I talked my ppp ex-housemate, Monina, then I talked to my close friend's boyfriend [also a close friend of mine], Pablo, and they're both complaining about juniors... not their junior, our Minnesotan juniors... [well they had problems with their junior in the first place anyway].. they're complaining at how these girls are rude towards the seniors girls and very "gedik" towards the senior boys, and how they trashed into the open houses, ate and left without a single "thank you" or a simple "smile" to the hosts.. At first I thought Monina was exaggerating [boys say girls always exaggerate, personally I don't think it's a gender issue...], then I heard the same story from a guy, and it has to be true...I'm kinda ashamed.. I knew something like this would happen ever since I saw how these juniors behaved at the BTN in Malaysia... Why can't they be more like our batch or something... maybe it's because they've never been to a boarding school or is this the effect of eliminating "ragging" in boarding schools? Lack of respect for the "elderly"..

Thanking the host of an open house after eating is common etiquette, it shouldn't have to be taught! So is greeting your fellow Malaysians, especially when you're in a foreign country.. it gives a sense of unity, a pride feeling that we are Malaysians.. I don't see it in these juniors, maybe some but not all.... Hasn't someone taught them anything, or is it a matter or just reminding them?





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home