BabB|e|iCiOUs

A message to myself..that's exactly what this is.. My own little niche in life..

Monday, December 23, 2002

You'd think that seeing so many people sweat day in and day out would make me want to get those sneakers out and do the same.. but it looks like I'm immune to the sight. I was planning on going on the treadmill since last Thursday but failed to go further than the ladies locker room where I sat with Nadia, and we talked and talked and talked.. knowing very well that one of us should go up cause it's been such a long time.. for the past 16 weeks, my exercise consists of walking back and forth from my apartment class or to work or where vere else I want to go walking... though, there is that time when I'd turn the radio up and just jump around.... that must've burned some calories.. hehe..[pathetic!] We'll as long as I haven't put anything on, maybe it's not so bad... Siti's been coming over two days in a row.. Think I'm gonna get in on the same routine starting next Thursday...[no, I'm not procastinating.. the gym's gonna close for the festive season tomorrow, and the next two days.]

We didn't go to the movies last night.. By the time I got home, I was really tired from work [you'd be surprised at how many people come to the gym the weekend before X-mas].. people kept coming to ask about when their membership is going to expire, and renewing their old lockers etc.. Nad and Dya didn't feel like going too cause they were tired from lack of sleep last night, plus there's always the "it's too cold outside" excuse. Instead we stayed in with Anna and Laury, their present housemate, and had a little pre-xmas celebration [Amanda told me something about this before].. this is when housemates or co-workers sit together under the x-mas tree and just open up presents that they bought for each other.. I didn't really get any of them anything, so I felt a little out of place but they made me feel at home.. Laury put chocolate on x-mas stockings and gave each one of us one. Then we sat by the tree and they exchanged presents... X-mas songs were playing softly in the background.. Dya and Nad got Anna and Laury a X-mas tree ornament each and so they hung it up on the tree... Anna and Laury got Nad a snowman ornament, which she later hung on the tree and Dya got a snowman candle.. Then Laury got Anna a book of fairy tales and Anna got Laury a Muppets DVD... after a while we were just sitting and chatting and Macho walked in cause he thought that we were gonna see LOTR (WeiLin calls it 'Tuhan Cincin').. Nad doesn't like the Muppets so Anna and Laury were trying to convince her that it's not really that bad... so after a while we were watching 'the Muppet's Christmas Carol'.. Miss Piggy wasn't so annoying, so it was an OK movie... later Laury's parents came to pick her up, so she went home with them... I guess it would also be kinda cool if we get gifts for Eid too, I mean.. roommates don't give each other angpau's before they leave for Raya in boarding schools in Malaysia do we..? Then again, maybe that is a good thing.. cause I would've been broke at the end of the semester anyway...hehe

So what am I gonna be doing this winter break? Other than working out [still tentative] and working , both at the gym, I'm hoping to finish off [or finish off half, at least] the two long distance classes that I've registered for since summer.. Also hoping to watch as many movies that I've downloaded as I can.. Last night, I watched "Life or Something Like It", think I'm gonna watch "James Bond" tonight.. [if I'm not too tired from going out tonight and rearranging my clothes about] Just called Rezal, my cousin in Ohio, earlier today.. he was kinda glad to hear from me cause I haven't called since early summer. He thought that I ddn't come back from Malaysia.. so I just told him and Maria, his Spanish wife, that it's been a really busy semester.. so they kept telling me that I should call more often... Adriana's getting bigger and kept asking when "Tia Noris" is gonna be coming over.. [I miss her]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home