BabB|e|iCiOUs

A message to myself..that's exactly what this is.. My own little niche in life..

Wednesday, December 18, 2002

That's one heck of a gloomy day you got out there, matey.. Wonder where the Sun's hiding at right now!

I didn't wait for the Sun to rise today.. I gave up trying to sleep at 3.45am.. I think I'm starting to turn into an insomniac nowadays.. I couldn't sleep for longer than an hour all night long.. keep waking up staring into little note cards of polymer formulas..

Finally, it was 7.30 and I started to get dress for class, I've prayed long ago, just as the Turkish azan blared through my pc's speakers.. [I got into the first line along with the angels this morning..] no breakfast this morning, I'm too nervous.. and with that, I didn't watch 'friends' too.. I watched "Weezer's Keep Fishing" video clip [the one with Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy], but I only watched it cause I wanted to check if the speaker is working right.. the lightbulb in my bedroom decided to pick today for its expiration date... just another thing to add to this dreaded feeling... then as I walked out of the apartment block, the first thing I realised was how gloomy and cloudy it is.. somehow, I felt like I was trapped in a dream and couldn't wake myself up.. [I was only kidding when I said that it's gona be a dark and glooomy day].. I though "if this is a dream, then I'm gonna see Jin in his silver Altima around the bend, and he's gonna take me to the exam room" .. Of course, that didn't happen.. I was wide AWAKE... on my way to test myself for what I've been doozing off all semester.. [Now that's ironic!].. As I was walking down Fulton St, all I could think of was how today would be a great big nightmare if I sudden find that todays' exam is actually Separations and not Polymer which I've been cramming for last night... Honestly, my brain's maxed out, I can't tell the difference anymore..

Luckily, my fears were just my imagination.. 10 minutes before 8, I landed my denim covered butt on the side chair of Vincent 16, a room which has the nostalgic sence of Calculus III with what's-it's-name teaching at the front with his colored chalks trying to draw a 3D image of some mathematical multi-derivative equation. I spotted Jin on the other end of the class, busy with his last minute skim of the class notes. Mark was sittingin front of me with his white ski cap still glued to his ginger head.
"Hey Mark, ready for the big bomb?" I said..
"Hi Noris, how's it goin'?"
"Just wanna get this over with I guess"
"Yeah, well I'm as ready as I'll ever be.. wish I could start on the Separations like everyone else though"
" You and me both!"
Then I found that my chair is for a left handed person, so I moved down to the middle of the class.. the exam began soon afterwards... Tawakal!

All through the exam, I had to cover my nose for I could smell the foul smell of Indian cooking mixed with an unbearable body odour of the grad student next to me...wish I could just switch the smelling sensor off. It's too late to switch to a different seat. Bear with it, just two hours, you can do it... quit whining, get back to your exam, concentrate... concentrate....concentrate...CONCENTRATE!!

Two hours later, I survived.. Don't ask me about the exam though!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home