BabB|e|iCiOUs

A message to myself..that's exactly what this is.. My own little niche in life..

Monday, January 13, 2003

Some like it HOT..

It's such a weird thing but after 3 years in Minnesota, my body is becoming more and more sensitive to the temperature changes around me.. My fingers are showing signs of its sensitivity. It's purple when cold and pink when warm.. it doesn't have to be below any freezing point or anything, it just turns violet and gradually purple..it starts when I came back from England and our family doctor says that my blood circulation just doesn't flow to the tips of my fingers.. so I have to massage my hand now and again.. its not a disease so there's not really a cure, so they gave me B2 vitamin pills.. I'm just glad I'm not living with my mum cause she's keep making me eat zinc pills and "pucuk paku", so that my blood circulation flows correctly.. it doesn't hurt really, but it just looks weird... its ok when I'm in Malaysia, this explains why my hands are always pink and my facial complexion keeps glowing..
[when I was in school, prefects always stop me and ask if I'm wearing any blusher...] but it's bad when I'm here in Minnesota and I'm in lab or something and my fingers are violet...blood doesn't flow to the tip which means that heat is not being flowed all the way there... I need to exercise frequently to keep the circulation flowing, lately I've been playing badminton almost everyday and exercising on the machines after work.

Yesterday I was chatting with my friend in Japan, who's also on his winter break right now and he tells me that he's been skiing with his friends almost everyday since new year.. wish I could also do that but I can't stand the cold so I have to settle for something warmer. My housemate, Angie, is going to Miami today with her ex-bf's family.. wish I could go there too...

Time is moving so fast... it's already the 12th... and I haven't done anything productive all year long... I must be the QUEEN of procastination.. I don't even know why I do it... I have no problem with planning and organizing myself but when it comes to doing what I plan to do, I'd put it aside and wait til I absolutely have to do it... It's not like I have something better to do, but I just don't do it.. I'd always find other ways to spend my time... I even procastinated the new year.. [well I did go out to celebrate the new year but I only made new year's resolution on the 3rd... so basically I moved the 1st to the 3rd... then it took me another 7 days to actually do what I planned to do on the 3rd... and it gets worse, I need help!] Two days ago I came home from the gym after work and working out and I found Timber, my other housemate, in front of the tv reading her genetics textbook... so I asked her what she's doing and she said she's studying to get a head start... I was so shocked... even felt guilty for not being as enthusiastic as she is about my studies... I have 2 IDL classes to finish off for February... what am I doing? I should be doing what she's doing... so I ordered all my textbooks online and started reading a little of my Asian American Literature books... [but soon later, I was defeated by myself..]

So guess what my new years resolution is....
Zählen Sie Ein: Stop Procastinating, Just Do It! I finally realised that no matter what needs to be done, all I have to do is just to work it...I mean if I didn't work to get my laundry done this morning, it'll still be dirty... right? [It's so obvious... I knew it, just didn't do it]... Hopefully this one will also turn me into a good student..
Zählen Sie zwei: Keep the heart pumping Angie and Timber has TAEBO videos so if I'm too lazy to go to the gym I'll just workout in my spacious bedroom.. they even have YOGA, maybe I'll give it a go...
Zählen Sie drei: Spend Wisely Sometimes I really don't know where my money goes to... one minute it's there then suddenly it's gone... [but then again I'd find that a new sweater just 'appeared' in the closet]

Hopefully this will be a better year for me..
my mum asked me last night if I have anyone special in my life [why is that the question of the season? Last week Timber's mum asked me if I have a bf too, turns out that she wanted to promote her son .."At least there'll be someone to tell him to pick up his socks" she said in response to the clean apartment and the sight of me cooking lasagnia at the kitchen stove for my little "Thank You For Helping Me Move" feast.. ] Then my friend studying in Japan also asked me the same question yesterday morning..

so all of a sudden I have to have a bf now? My parents want me to have a Malay bf... [Time's running out.. this is sad.. this is scary...] when I was in kindergarten, I remember looking at the young mothers and wishing that I could send my kids to kindergarten before I'm 30 too... I don't see that happening now, I'm surrounded with Malay guys who are younger than me and every each one of them wants someone younger to be with.. well at least that's my assumption...[I once had my heart shattered by someone just cause I'm older just before I came here.. so I'm kinda scared to even bother with younger men, even though it's just a few months] Maybe someday someone will erase that perception from my mind.. for the time being my heart is locked, and I haven't found the guy with the key..
My friends says that I'm too picky, "Just respond to the signs" they say.. "What signs?" I'd say
Even my mum says that I'm too picky, "Just concentrate on one guy" she'd say.. "Which one?" I'd say..
"The one that gives you his extra attention"... if only she's here with me, she'd see me roll my eyes as I say "Which one??"

Recently, I watched a French movie called "Happenstance" about how destiny brings two people together.. they didn't really have to do anything.. it just happens, the movie didn't show how they fell in love.. it shows how they met [as the horoscope says they'll meet that day].. it's a really good movie, but then again that may be a biased opinion cause I love movies starring Audrey Tautou - such as "Amelie". Anyway, what I'm saying is that I think it's all fate.. maybe it's not time yet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home