BabB|e|iCiOUs

A message to myself..that's exactly what this is.. My own little niche in life..

Thursday, April 17, 2003

The more I feel I have to type up a paper, the more I find myself here.. taking guilty breaks from 'things I should be doing now' and moving to 'things I could do later'..

So anyway I just came back from work. Surprizingly, Liz was there.. she came because she wanted to interview me for her course paper that she needs to write.. I asked her who else will she interview and she said "Just you." .. so basically the whole 5 page paper will be based on my perception of the cultural clash between the American and the Malaysian lifestyle... I told her that I don't think my views can be used to represent the whole Malaysian perception just because I grew up in an European setting back in England and I didn't really experience much of the 'cultural shock' because I had experienced similar lifestyle once before.. so I told her stuff about the way our culture works, and how we are in a way more conservative compared to the Americans, especially in our daily conducts and the respect we have for our family members, as well as friends. Like this morning I heard [on the radio] how a woman was complaining that the budget cuts by the state government is affecting the way her mother is being treated in the old folks home.. she is blaiming the government for the way her mother is being treated in her old age.. if she thinks that the lack of nurses at the old folks home [due to budget cuts] is going to proportionally reflect the lack of care that she will be getting.. then she should take the responsibility and care for her mother [as she should have been doing all along]..it saddens me but that's the way it works at this end of the world... Na'uzubillahi min zalik...
I hope my kids will look after me with love and tender care, otherwise just let me grow old in love and iman with my life companion.. Amin..

i once read [in a book that Kak Ijah gave to me] that Abdullah bin Amru bin Al Ash r.a berkata:
Bersabda Rasullulah SAW "Dunia ini adalah perhiasan dan sebaik-baik perhiasan ialah wanita (isteri) yang solehah." (Riwayat Muslim)

KEPERIBADIAN WANITA REMAJA

Nilai Kecantikan Wanita,
Nafsu mengatakan 'perempuan cantik atas dasar rupanya'
Akal mengatakan 'perempuan cantik atas dasar ilmu dan kepandaiannya'
Dan hati mengatakan 'perempuan cantik atas dasar akhlaknya'.

Kaum wanita,
usah bangga dengan kecantikan
kerana ia hanya dicintai oleh nafsu
tidak oleh akal dan hati

Orang yang bijaksana itu
tidak jauh hati pada perempuan kerana kecantikannya
tapi kerana perjuangannya..



Ya Allah Tuhanku,
Ampunkanlah dosa-dosa ku, serta dosa kedua ibubapaku
Berikanlah rahmat dan hidayatmu,
Terangkanlah hatiku, tenangkanlah fikiranku,
Golongkanlah kami sebagai ummat Islam yang beriman kepadamu.. Amin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home