BabB|e|iCiOUs

A message to myself..that's exactly what this is.. My own little niche in life..

Wednesday, October 08, 2003

I woke up this morning to the most sweetest message on my phone. You see I'd usually set my alarm on my cell phone pass experience have shown that I'd usually wake up if I hear my phone ring. So I set it at 5 this morning, and when it woke me up I noticed that I have one message waiting for meand it read:

Your tag says: Made in Heaven - cause you're an angel.
Only handwash - cause you're fragile.
Cold Iron - we don't wanna burn your wings.
& Handle with Care - cause you're a LIMITED EDITION.


That is sure to make any girl melt, talk about sugar-coated sweetness.

Anyway, here I am at work as usual. Yesterday I spent over 4 hours in my research lab, Phil had a new graduate doing some experiments with him. This guy is from Japan and though I knew that Phil could speak Japanese (his wife is Japanese), it just felt weird to see this Dutch guy converse with this guy in Japanese so fluently. I'm impressed. Once in a while I could hear them say some standard IUPAC chemical name, which in a way sums up all that I could understand from their discussion. But of course they weren't talking to me, so inevitably I'm not suppose to understand. Wouldn't it be cool if he could also speak Malay and I'd be talking to him in my mother tongue. He once told me that he has gone to Malaysia about 20 years ago, on one of his pre-marrital escapades with his wife. Anyway, I still need to move in to the next step in my synthesis of this tetra(fluoro-alkyl) molecule. I was doing some extraction yesterday and after about an hour I only realised that the product is in the aqueous phase not the organic phase. Stupid me, should have realised that dimethylchloride's density is less than water's, duhh! Well, atleast I figured it out finally.. this is what experiments are all about right?

My housemates and I did pilates last night, I liked the mermaid position the best.. Katie says that we should do it every day so that we look like one of the girls in the video but I'm sure that's not going to happen.. everybody's turning into health freaks, they said that they haven't had exercise all through last year. They used to be dancers when they were little so it's not surprising that they felt a little conscious now and again. Kristin actually hired some personal trainers to help her get back into shape earlier this sem. Since last week Molly has started to jog and going to the gym. I'm just too lazy for all that, so I join them with the tri-weekly aerobic sessions at home. Katie's like me... Out of these lot, I'm closest to Molly and Katie, Kristin is always with her bf, Treston. Apparently I'm not the only person who's starting to feel annoyed at the fact that Treston is practically living with us, last week he's here almost every night. So yesterday, Katie said [rather sarcastically] to Treston that he should just move in and pay part of the rent to each one of us.. so now he's not around as much.. I'm happy again :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home