BabB|e|iCiOUs

A message to myself..that's exactly what this is.. My own little niche in life..

Friday, September 07, 2001

The first week of class has given me an overview of the schedule that I'll be having throughout the next 15 weekes aswell as the kind of people I'll be hanging out with.. I found out yesterday that I will be having all of my recitation discussions with Jin, Vinash and Kiran..so I gues that's gonna be my study group members.. during lectures [MWF] Brian, Fajar and Cindy always comes to sit with me.. and we'd sit more or less near the other three guys, Joe and also sometimes Che Wan, and the other Malay guys.. there's also some other familiar faces that hangs out with us.. that's a good thing cause I can see that we'll be having classes together for the next two final years too..

I was sitting next to Jin yesterday in the Fluid Dynamics recitation section and he told me about his summer holiday in Korea.. apparently he bought all of his books over there for an unbelievably low price.. I saw his brand new textbook with a $32,000 tag.. and I asked him what the korean currency is and one American dollar is worth $1300 Korean money..and so he bought his text book for about $24.60 American dollars only.. and he told me that when he summed up all his books, it's like just over a hundred American dollars. And to think that everyone was spending almost USD500 on brand new books this sem and he's saving a great bundle of cash.. I told him that next time I'm gonna get him to buy me my textbooks... but then again I'll have to think of the shipping costs..but I'm sure I'll save a lot still... My Transport Phenomena textbook arrived on Wednesday.. all the way from Singapore..hehhe..that was a shock, I actually thought that it'll be posted from somewhere within America!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home