BabB|e|iCiOUs

A message to myself..that's exactly what this is.. My own little niche in life..

Saturday, June 28, 2003

SURPRISE PARTY

This week has been absolutely wonderful.. The weekend hasn't arrived yet but still we had so much fun.. Last night, we had a surprise party for KJ at my apartment. Actually his birthday was on Wednesday but everyone had already started having midterms during the weekday that everyone didn't really do anything in the middle of the week.. I found out that it was his birthday from Alau's msn nickname.. so I wished him his birthday greeting and when Alau called to ask me why I had call him earlier, we planned a surprise party for him..

So after hanging out at Nad and Dya's place that night, I went downstairs to their place to plan more about what we wanted to cook. We decided we wanted to cook Nasi Bryani, so we each looked through our fridge and cupboards to see if we already had the ingredients. Fakhrul was also there, with Faizal, so we got him and Amir in on the plan. He volunteered to make drinks. We realised that we needed to buy a bunch of stuff. Fortunately, just earlier the day I received an email from Prof. Buhlmann saying that he would be out of town for a conference on Thursday and Friday so that means that I couldn't go to lab to do more research for Thursday, so Alau and I planned to go to the Farmer's market after my work and his lab the next day. Fakhrul and Amir will also go to Cub Food's to buy some other stuff for the party.

It was interesting how we each worked together in the last minute to pull it off. When I called Dya to invite her, she volunteered to cook the beef dish for the meal when she found out that I will be cooking the Nasi Bryani, the Chicken dish to go with it and also the Acar Timun. Zack, Kuceng, Fadzli and Fatin also volunteered to bring snacks and soda. Meen and Syai also kept KJ occupied as we proceed with the plan. After we went to the Farmer's Market, Alau and I stopped over at Dairy Queen (DQ) to buy an ice-cream birthday cake. Alau helped me prepare the meal by cutting the vegetables for the Acar Timun as we wait for the chicken to thaw. Then when he left, Fakhrul and Amir came in with their groceries stuff. Fakhrul was going to make jelly but by the sound of things it doesn't seem like we have enough time, so he made a fruit dessert instead.

At 8.30, everyone started to arrive at my apartment. I had finished cooking the chicken dish, rice and Acar Timun. Dya and Nad arrived with the beef curry. Zack and Fatin arrived with more ice-cream, chips and drinks, then Kuceng came in with drinks, Fakhrul arrived and we made the fruit pudding.. Then later on when everyone is ready, Meen called to say that they're coming and everyone hid as they heard them knocking. As I opened the door, I saw Amir giving KJ a piggy back, and everyone jumped out from the dark and yell "SURPRISE!!!"..

The rest of the night was filled with laughter, and more surprise for KJ as we ate the meal, dessert and finally we sang him the birthday song as I took the birthday cake out. It was so much fun..

Anyway, I've finally developed my graduation pictures and you can see it if you click here. There's more pictures but I still need to scan them.. Maybe later. Anyway, I need to get going.. The gym is closing soon and I still have to write up a report for today's cash flow..

p/s: I've also added another section on the top panel for religious sites for Muslims, like me, and anyone interested in this great religion. It's also got some forwarded stuff which I always feel guilty of deleting after I read it.. so instead of forwarding it to people [who have at some point in the past read the same thing before], I've decided to keep it posted so that we could all look at it whenever we want.. cause some stuff in those forwarded email are new and worth reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home