BabB|e|iCiOUs

A message to myself..that's exactly what this is.. My own little niche in life..

Tuesday, October 14, 2003

Pabila ku dengar suaramu nun dikalbu
Inginku menanti senyuman manismu
Ku pasti dirimu terkenangkan suaraku
Usahlah kau menafikan cinta yang terpendam sesama kita

Ku mendoakan demi keikhlasanmu
Bersyukur pada yang Maha Esa
Hilanglah kesepian kita

~Selamanya by Innuendo

EVERYDAY CAN'T BE SUNDAY!
Years ago I remembered doing a survey and one of the questions was about how you'd classify your studying efforts on the weekend.. one of the choices was to say that the weekend is the time that you'd use to catch up on your studies [ie., reading assignments and what not] however, I remembered answering that survey question by saying that the weekend is the time that I'd use to take a break from the books and indulge myself in other social activities.. Come to think of it, the only time that I was ever able to spend the weekend away from the pressures of assignments and studies was back then when I'm living with my parents.. back then the weekend would be filled with family bonding activities such as visiting my cousins or hanging out at home helping out my dad on one of his D.I.Y (Do It Yourself) projects, gardening, staying in or just hanging out with my pals.. Mama would be refrained from cooking on Sundays, Abah had declared Sunday her day off and he'd always treat her [and us kids] to eat out either at one of his local favourite restaurants or at some relatives' house. Suddenly I feel so homesick, I miss those good times..

Nowadays, the weekend are used to catch up on academic deadlines.. well, I should say 'try to..' That didn't really happen all that well this past weekend.. Saturday, we had the Salam Aidilfitri Photo session.. along with some meetings with Kak Rus [MARA officer].. we had a one on one talk about our grades and future plans.. then, I had my Joget dance practice which ate up most of the night.. Then on Sunday, I woke up and helped the girls cook nasi lemak all morning.. just after lunchtime, I went back to my room read Gilgamesh [the play] for my mythology class and then went back out to En. Mokhtar's farewell party thing.. later, we went to the gym to drop off some lunch for Dya, who is now working in my office.. and ran all the way to Dinkytown to catch the next bus to get to St. Paul to see the boy's intramural soccer match [which we won victoriously 7-0, congratulations boys!!].. later that night, I had dinner with the other 67 MARA students [and a few not-so-MARA-students] in KakRus' farewell dinner. She made a couple of announcements and we had a little Q&A session with her.. felt completely knackered after all that, so I returned home, did my laundry and collapsed on my bed..

Treston is back in the house :( I'm starting to get annoyed at the fact that Kristine is disguistingly irresponsible.. I don't think I can live with messy people! It's not like I'd walk around with white gloves to inspect every desktop or anything but I expect you to atleast clean up after yourself, and put away your dirty dishes in the dishwasher if you're too lazy to wash it manually..

Today, I was really mad, cause I came home and Treston was watching football in our living room while Kristine is gone to her daily class [isn't it enough that he's here when his gf is around at night but now he's here when she's not], he was eating something and he just left it in the kitchen desktop.. I prayed in my room and later I went to cook some lunch in our kitchen, and it was a complete mess.. by this time Treston was already in Kristine's room, I was really annoyed at this point cause I had to clean up in order to use the kitchen.. so I cleaned up with as little effort as possible of letting Treston know that I am so furious at him.. I have decided to have the whole house to myself and completely ignore the fact that he's here in the house.. as I ate I turned the air conditioner off and set the temperature as warm as I like it, knowing very well that Kristin's room is warmer than any other room in the apartment. I sat in the living room watching tv and waited for Kristin to come back.. When Kristin came back home, I told her to clean up after herself and her not-so-welcomed guest.. This is not the first time that I have had to clean up after her, even our shared restroom has Treston's shaved hairs in the sink.. she apologized repeatedly and thanked me for cleaning.. I'm so glad I don't have to share a room with her.. [don't get me started on her so-called room/dumpsite]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home